So what's the best/coolest/fastest Android phone right now? ...

speedmaster

Reaction score
Completely new here.

I may not wait for the next iPhone. And I realize that my subject line above is somewhat subjective. ;-)

I'm a 10 year Sprint customer and may leave, contract about up and I want my first smart phone. Really want the next gen iPhone I think, but October is a long time to wait.

What's the latest on the Motorola Droid front? The coolest phone out now, or expected out soon? How might it compare with the EVO 3D?

I will tinker with Sprint's EVO 3D in a few days. But I remember looking at Droids 6-8 months ago and liking them.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Its all opinions, so who knows...
As long as you don't get the iPhone, your getting a good phone. dancedroid

But honestly, any Android Phone will be great and worth it. It really depends if your willing to pay Verizons 4G prices though. You won't be getting a lot of usage on 4G unless you pay the extra $80 per month.
So I might recommend getting a 3G phone. And since the Droid 3 is probably going to be 3G, that might be what you'd want.

OP
S

speedmaster

Reaction score
LOL! Thanks. :)

But honestly, any Android Phone will be great and worth it. It really depends if your willing to pay Verizons 4G prices though. You won't be getting a lot of usage on 4G unless you pay the extra $80 per month.
So I might recommend getting a 3G phone. And since the Droid 3 is probably going to be 3G, that might be what you'd want.

Detonation

Reaction score

Verizon's 4G prices are the same as 3G...

Moto's Droid Bionic is what everyone is waiting for, though a release date is still up in the air. The Droid 3 should be coming within a month, though it may or may not be 4G. Unless you know you're not going to have 4G coverage for awhile (or don't really care), I'd invest in a 4G phone.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Moto's Droid Bionic is what everyone is waiting for, though a release date is still up in the air. The Droid 3 should be coming within a month, though it may or may not be 4G. Unless you know you're not going to have 4G coverage for awhile (or don't really care), I'd invest in a 4G phone.

But isn't there no unlimited option?

Detonation

Reaction score

But isn't there no unlimited option?

Data Plans (3g and 4g, its the same plan) are $30 for unlimited until July 7th when the tiered pricing goes into effect. So if you're planning on making the switch to Verizon, you would probably want to do it before July 7th, though that is before any new phones will be coming out.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what's the best/coolest/fastest Android phone right now? ...
As always with threads like this, aside from "fastest" these are all highly subjective words. You'd need to tell use what your criteria are for "best" and "coolest". Don't assume your needs/wants are universal. If one device was universally best we'd all be using it.

Have you looked at any of the countless existing device selection threads to see what devices are being discussed? I'd suggest starting there if you really have no idea what's going on.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
any droid>>>>>> iPhone :D :D :D

;)

good luck trying to plan a phone purchase ahead of time.... one never knows what will be out/when and what sales lurk.... only one thing is certain.. the iPhone hardware will be outdone in no time at all by a barrage of fragmented androids

droidXpert

Reaction score
The HTC Sensation is definitely the best android phone I've played with. Not only is it a sexy device but Sense 3.0 is awesome and this is coming from someone who was a vanilla fanboy.

The Galaxy S2 looks nice and so does Touchwiz 4.0 but it's too iPhone like for me. Not saying th iPhone is a good phone but I prefer a skin that's original and not imitating other platforms.

Sensation, Evo3d, Galaxy S2, G2X, and Photon look to be the best phones imo.