So slooow since upgrade, huge lag..help anyone?

pattyk999

Reaction score
Since 2.2 my stock moto droid is unbelievably slow. I wait at least 3 to 5 seconds for an app to appear after pressing icon, I miss calls because the phone won't respond to the "slide answer" fast enough. It's beyond ridiculous.
was similar with last update so I installed launcher pro and it "fixed" it. Now, I still have launcher pro and the lag is back and worse. What can I do? I can't be the only one experiencing this, I've read similar stories but haven't seen any resolutions. So who has the miracle fix out there that doesn't involve rooting my phone? Please keep it simple in laymans terms, I'm no techie! Thank you so much!!
Patty:unsure:

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
How to hard reset?

Thanks so much for your replies. Now the big question....How do I do the hard reset AND do I lose everything? Any way I can keep my settings, apps etc? It sounds really stupid but I don't even remember half of the settings I've adjusted over the year, let alone how I accessed them or via which app I accessed them. Is there some program that can "remember" what's on my phone for me?
Thanks so much and Happy holidays to all of you:)
patty

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not unless you're rooted.

You lose everything, yes, but your contacts are backed up with google and you can get an app to back up your texts from the market.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

wea5le

Reaction score
how can i reboot or downgrade my os?

:greendroid:

is there a way to get back to 2.1? this ota update for 2.2.1 froyo or whatever they call it has my fone all bungled up... it over-writ my root and undid half the legitimate things i downloaded as well. and now my fone freezes up evrytime i ttry to access my task killer or pretty much anything. im tired of takin the battery out over and over and risking my memory... anyone help please?? i have the origional motorola "droid" if that helps...?

:motdroidvert: