Found my lag!!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I rebooted my phone and got the weirdest error message saying home screen wasn't responding with the usual force close or wait options. So I went into apps and cleared all if the data in the home screen app and then what do ya know!!! All of a sudden my phone gets snappy again.... thank god for small miracles. The phones been acting great except for that and the odd time out issue when charging.

Just passing this along to anyone that might be having a similar issue with a lag and slow to respond touch screen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I rebooted my phone and got the weirdest error message saying home screen wasn't responding with the usual force close or wait options. So I went into apps and cleared all if the data in the home screen app and then what do ya know!!! All of a sudden my phone gets snappy again.... thank god for small miracles. The phones been acting great except for that and the odd time out issue when charging.

Just passing this along to anyone that might be having a similar issue with a lag and slow to respond touch screen

This is great information, something that is perhaps the must obvious first step but is also the most frequently overlooked troubleshooting technique. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem... my phone is now just as snappy as the first day I had it.... and it's not timing out anymore..... I don't see how that's related but... I'll take it!! Lol

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a word of caution. I shoulda known better since I wasn't having any problems with screen responsiveness but I thought I'd give the tip a try just to see if it sped things up. The effect of deleting the data was to send my launcher back to its initial configuration when I bought the phone. Spent about an hour eliminating bloatware from the screens and arranging the screens to fit my use. Argghhh....

Obviously no one's fault but my own. But if you have a complicated set of screens devoted to various categories of apps and widgets, be sure you know where everything goes so you can recreate the structure you've put in place.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry I should've posted that I am stock and upon wiping the data does put you back to factory stock out of the box appearance...... I apologize.

I wasn't even aware that there was an app for the home screen. Or I would've tried this when my problems started.

Andielyn

Reaction score
Just a word of caution. I shoulda known better since I wasn't having any problems with screen responsiveness but I thought I'd give the tip a try just to see if it sped things up. The effect of deleting the data was to send my launcher back to its initial configuration when I bought the phone. Spent about an hour eliminating bloatware from the screens and arranging the screens to fit my use. Argghhh....

I had that same thought, too...and I didn't even scroll down far enough in this thread to see your message before I thinking "hey, I'll try that!" :icon_eek: Live and learn. And a little patience, too. And I wasn't even having problems, just thought "cleaner is better".

I can only laugh at myself. And OP, no apologies necessary for not telling us that wiping the data puts you back to factory stock.