So should I just wait for the software update for the camera

Reaction score
or replace my Droid? It does a few quick clicks when going into the camera application. I get the red corners too most of the time. Sorry if this was already discussed, but I've barely checked the forums since I've gotten my Droid on Friday :)

ps. Is macro mode automatically selected when focusing on an object in the distance, or is there a manual way to do that mode?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think your version of the "problem" is software based... some people's camera's don't stop clicking, which is more of a hardware problem...

remember most VZ stores will give you one replacement, and you won't know if the camera is worse on your newer one...

if i'm wrong somebody tell me please :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think your version of the "problem" is software based... some people's camera's don't stop clicking, which is more of a hardware problem...

remember most VZ stores will give you one replacement, and you won't know if the camera is worse on your newer one...

if i'm wrong somebody tell me please :)

From what i've heard some are starting to reject the exchanges, because they say it's a software update that will fix the issue and it will be out around the 11th of december.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have never seen a green corner when taking a picture. Plan on waiting for the software update. I know you can return the phone in the first 30 days, but I don't want to return it. Just want to be able to get it fixed/replaced under warranty if the software update does not fix it. How long is the warranty on the Droid?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
or replace my Droid? It does a few quick clicks when going into the camera application. I get the red corners too most of the time. Sorry if this was already discussed, but I've barely checked the forums since I've gotten my Droid on Friday :)

ps. Is macro mode automatically selected when focusing on an object in the distance, or is there a manual way to do that mode?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

The autofocus is a software related problem, from what they are saying, while a few units MAY have it mounted incorrectly, most of them just suffer from the software defect. I cannot answer the question, but if it were me i'd try to see if they have one there that does focus and see if they would allow for an exchange, because the software update on th 11th pushes most people past the 30 day return policy. (Don't think it will be an issue if the software doesn't fix it)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a green corner when taking a picture. Plan on waiting for the software update. I know you can return the phone in the first 30 days, but I don't want to return it. Just want to be able to get it fixed/replaced under warranty if the software update does not fix it. How long is the warranty on the Droid?

one year manufacturer's warantee.

OP
M
Reaction score
The BB guy said a month to bring it back to BB, and then the year warranty which he said if I went that way I would just go to a Verizon store (corporate one I'm sure) and they would exchange it for me. Although I'm sure it would take about a generation to get a new one back... Will hold out for the update. The clicking isn't sick or obnoxious sounding so I'm not worried that much.