So is ICS it? Or will our Razrs be getting Jelly Bean?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree... I like ICS. But bruben is correct. It was sort of comical to see so many people wait and complain about the wait, then dislike ICS when they got it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
LoneWolfArcher said:
WE WILL BE GETTING JELLYBEAN!!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/219238-phone-tablet-list-known-getting-updates-jelly-bean.html

:biggrin:

A
nd to the last poster, sorry I do not agree that ICS sucks. -shrug-

Ya got me wrong! :)
I love ICS. I was stating what tis reinforced. I went through the froyo to gingerbread upgrade on my old d2g. People got all riled up with anticipation on this forum... then giddy with the update...then spent endless threads complaining.
I mentioned before ics that this would also be the general pattern to the ics update on the razr as well. Go figure....came to pass.
Frankly, I see ics as an awesome upgrade. 215 leak made it better :)

Exalted911

Reaction score
I've read in a couple of websites that we should be seeing a patch for ics this month and jellybean in feb. This was said by Motorola themselves. Regardless i am sure we will be seeing rooms based on jellybean soon.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
bruben7886 said:
My favorite part was seeing my prediction come true:
Where's ics?
Got ics!
Ics sucks.....how do I get back to gb?
:)

That was my favorite part too! :-D I was Rollin!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

newell

Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr - Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

I'm not sure whether Motorola would release an official Jelly Bean update for the Razers.. Razr owners should be happy about at least getting the ICS, while many other devices are left behind.. However, if you are using CyanogenMod 10, a Jelly bean update is already out.. I think the best thing to do now is rooting the device.. Motorola Droid Razr - Installing Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

Exalted911

Reaction score
Newell this is basically a beta for cyanogen 10, no camera/camcorder support yet. I would stay clear of this room till the official one comes out.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether Motorola would release an official Jelly Bean update for the Razers.. Razr owners should be happy about at least getting the ICS, while many other devices are left behind.. However, if you are using CyanogenMod 10, a Jelly bean update is already out.. I think the best thing to do now is rooting the device.. Motorola Droid Razr - Installing Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

You must have missed the droidforums news item, and the link I posted to it on page 2 of this thread: RAZR FAMILY OF DEVICES WILL BE GETTING JB.:biggrin:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
LoneWolfArcher said:
You must have missed the droidforums news item, and the link I posted to it on page 2 of this thread: RAZR FAMILY OF DEVICES WILL BE GETTING JB.:biggrin:

I checked out that thread when the link was posted. I was curious though, that list is according to what source? That was never made clear. For all i know it's just a list some person made up for the phone they want to see it on.

Reaction score
I was reading on a thread here about a list of devices getting jelly bean and the razr was on the list

joshxdroid

Reaction score
droidbionicmaster said:
I was reading on a thread here about a list of devices getting jelly bean and the razr was on the list

That's the list we are referring to. I don't know what the source is

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
bruben7886 said:
Ya got me wrong! :)
I love ICS. I was stating what tis reinforced. I went through the froyo to gingerbread upgrade on my old d2g. People got all riled up with anticipation on this forum... then giddy with the update...then spent endless threads complaining.
I mentioned before ics that this would also be the general pattern to the ics update on the razr as well. Go figure....came to pass.
Frankly, I see ics as an awesome upgrade. 215 leak made it better :)

Are you KIDDING me? People complained about the GB update on the D2G? I wasn't on the forum then, but I had a D2G and GB was probably the best thing to ever happen to that phone! Such an improvement over Froyo!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Are you KIDDING me? People complained about the GB update on the D2G? I wasn't on the forum then, but I had a D2G and GB was probably the best thing to ever happen to that phone! Such an improvement over Froyo!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Yep, same on the DX. I thought it was the greatest (GB killed anything Froyo, rom'd, oc'd etc) stock. But lot's of people had issues and went back to 2.2