So I just tried to use foxfi...

Reaction score
First off, I don't tether often and when I do, I don't use crazy amounts of data

I fired up foxfi on my razr HD at my girlfriend's house because her internet wasn't working. A window popped up on the foxfi screen that said "checking subscription status" then it kicked me to screen that said that there was some kind of error in my subscription and gave me two number to call, business and consumer. I could only assume they were Verizon numbers, so I googled one and sure enough, Verizon must have blocked my wifi tether.

anyone else running into this?

Edit: I should add that I'm on the "OTA" jelly bean leak

skier8735

Reaction score
According to the Foxfi site Jelly Bean for the HD is not yet supported.

vaclon

Reaction score
From my experience its been disabled for jellybean, Bluetooth DUN seems to work for the majority of apps though with the notable exception of gmail.

TatDroid

Reaction score
skier8735 said:
According to the Foxfi site Jelly Bean for the HD is not yet supported.

I believe Foxfi no longer works for wifi on any phone running JB.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol so many if these threads popping up. It says right on the foxfi site that it will not work on the HD with JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

frstsaxman

Reaction score
so is there an alternative wifi tethering app?

so is there an alternative wifi tethering app for a droid razr hd running JB?

frstsaxman

Reaction score
what if im not rooted?

I noticed there were more choices for rooted users. But I dont plan on rooting just for this.
I saw some other apps but some of the reviews just said that they used you phone built in hotspot feature which I dont want to pay for.

Thanks

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what if im not rooted?

I noticed there were more choices for rooted users. But I dont plan on rooting just for this.
I saw some other apps but some of the reviews just said that they used you phone built in hotspot feature which I dont want to pay for.

Thanks

As far as I know, FoxFi was the only non root true wireless tether app out there.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Foxfi worked when I had the Max HD and it works now on the Note 2..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Reaction score
I "think" I can use foxfi but whenever I start it up, it would give me a number to call to have the hotspot plan on my account. Yes, I am on Jellybean.

MrHaViK

Reaction score
Is this a confirmed bug with VZW/Motorola JB update

i've tried foxfi, wifi tether for root users, and the stock VZW tethering app, none of them work. They all say they are working fine but no devices i use can see the hotspot. I haven't found anything official stating that this is a bug, can anyone confirm that it works using any method?