So, How is your Bionic?

Stevet86

Reaction score
I'm very happy so far with the .902 update. I never did install the .901 update. So far no data drops and the battery lasts me all day and then some.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FrankieZee

Reaction score
I installed .901 prior to .902 and the difference so far for me is pretty negligible. I noticed a data drop yesterday when I got home from work, but I was sitting down to eat so I didn't mess with it. By the time I was done, 4G was back. On my commute, there are complete service dead spots, and I've had issues reestablishing data off and on since I got it when it was released.

I have noticed that overall, since the release date, I do have a more reliable data connection at home and work. Camera still sucks unless I'm taking a close up of a stationary object. I haven't paid much attention to battery life in a while.

Just waiting for ICS now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Skidog

Reaction score
My only problem is my Bellsouth email account. Its doesn't always get my emails and even after it does, it won't keep them. Once I view them, then they're gone, and I'm not deleting them. I guess it could be a simple setting that I'm not aware of, but I've tried to fix it myself, with NO luck. Can anybody help?
:mad:

billyk

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic since Day 1 as well, and 902 significanly improved 4G.

Overall, I think my Bionic has been amazing. Battery life is excellent (although slightly shorter now with 902), speed/responsiveness is great, stock camera is excellent with updates (also use HDR+), call quality is great, wonderful assortment of accessories, and the screen is the best (for me) balance of color, sharpness and usability indoors and outdoors. Stability is rock-solid. I freak'in love this this thing and it's going on 6 months old already!!

I am VERY happy with my Bionic choice. Happier than with my beloved D1!

jm1765h

Reaction score
I received the .902 OTA 3 days ago. It is a VERY significant improvement for me. I live in an Carolina West service area where I have to roam because there are no Verizon towers. Carolina West has an agreement with Verizon to use their towers. Clearly they have rewritten the radio code. Under .893 the phone would only show service available about 50% of the time, had to reboot to get service, that didn't always work, I had to leave it on "CDMA only" setting for it to have any data access etc.. Under .902 I have never lost the signal and I can leave it on "CDMA/LTE" setting so I get 4G in areas where it is available. The update was painless and the phone is rooted and I didn't lose rooting during the update. So far so good... I agree that this performance is what I originally expected when I got my Droid Bionic.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Great to hear the positive responses to .902... I also feel that this release is awesome! One week today, no reboots, great connectivity and improved battery life.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

ramacker

Reaction score
The camera still has a big delay, the audio works now when using hdmi
out to tv.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

atlrus

Reaction score
Still 4g (and 4g to 3g switch) issues here, this update fixed nothing for me.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that atlrus. Hard to figure why this release is working so well for some and not others. Personally, I think there are still issues with the Verizon infrastructure (towers/transmitters/swithces) in many areas of the country. I know I was going thru 3g/4g hell here is Colorado. Sometime around .893, I noticed a major improvement and read a couple of weeks later that Verizon was doing some upgrades in the area. Think they use the ole 80/20 rules and figure it's okay for most. I still noticed some network hick-ups, but .902 seems to have improved those in addition to fixing random reboots, HDMI issues and improving battery life. Hope things settle down for you, hang in there. I'd stay on Verizon about it. I got onto them a good bit some time ago and they did give me some additional discounts on my bill.

mandragora

Reaction score
I am very happy with the phone at this point. I was getting switched from 4g to 3g and back all the time but now I am staying on 4g. Since I don;t use the camera much speed is not an issue for me but it seems to be faster.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was one of the biggest complainers with regard to the Bioinc pre 902. I was able to get the phone replaced with a Rezound. When I saw everyone talking aobut the 902 update I pulled the Bionic out and fired it up. The update (unrooted) completed without a hitch. I have keep the phone on over the past couple of days and where I would have had 10 episodes of data loss, I have had none. I used the phone on a trip to DC and used the GPS while playing music for 4 hours and still had 50% remaining. The phone is what we should have had in September!!

tbell6

Reaction score
Charge from 901 to 902 improved my battery usage from 6% per hour to 3% per hour. Usage after doing a battery reset and run down, for both.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
What's the deal with everyone wanting ics? I used a galaxy nexus in a Verizon store and was appalled. My bionic with go launcher is perfectly fine. Plus there will undoubtedly be numerous bugs that need fixing once ics comes out

nri1998

Reaction score
The data drop is back again for me this evening. I thought it was fixed when I did not have one for few days after upgrade to 5.9.902. I am very disappointed. For me it is looking like a Verizon network problem more than the device problem.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic since launch day in September, after 20 months on a rooted/ROM'd OG Droid. Never had any of the major issues some have reported. For me it was always a solid device with a smattering of minor issues which have improved with each update.

I've been running .902 for one week as of today (manually upgraded from .893; never ran .901). In that time I've had zero data drops, lockups, or random reboots. The handoffs between radios are much faster. Camera is faster. Everything seems just a bit zippier. Battery life has been better overall (although today I noticed some flakiness; rebooted and it's been better since). Webtop has even improved, with far fewer "low memory" warnings.

Overall I'm very happy with the Bionic in general and the .902 update in particular. Been rooted with frozen bloat since the .893 update -- otherwise stock, except for Roboto system font and GNex boot animation. Also using a Mugen 2000 mAh slim extended battery, 32 Gb Class 10 SD card, HDMI and bedside docks, and Diztronic TPU case.