So, How is your Bionic?

Mike8016

Reaction score
I never had a issue with my Bionic. It seems like the Bionic gets alot of crap from people but personally I think its better than anything out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

idk5

Reaction score
I am very happy with my bionic now, when I got it I almost wished I got something else but now I am extremely happy with it, big improvement is the battery life and data. My battery is at 30% after 15 hours of pretty good use with consists of going on FB every 2 hours, texting my girlfriend all day, listing to slacker radio all day, and a few phone calls, phone is on CDMA/LTE mode in a CDMA only area I never changed it. Data has death grip enough said.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Before the update I had very few data drops and now, after the update, I've been experiencing constant drops. Loved the phone before- hope it gets resolved soon.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I have had no data drops since the update to 902. Had them weekly after the update from 886 to 893.

albacore

Reaction score
My phone was flawless until 902 and now 3G connection is almost constant blue arrows, I now feel the pain of the 901ers. Is refurbished going to be my only option?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My phone was flawless until 902 and now 3G connection is almost constant blue arrows, I now feel the pain of the 901ers. Is refurbished going to be my only option?
Blue arrows is what you want. Blue arrows means you are fully connected.

albacore

Reaction score
Blue arrows is what you want. Blue arrows means you are fully connected.

I ment to say flashing arrows and painfully slow. I have no clue on how any of this works and not really sure if I want to know, I just want my phone to be like it was 3 days ago.

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
I ment to say flashing arrows and painfully slow. I have no clue on how any of this works and not really sure if I want to know, I just want my phone to be like it was 3 days ago.

Have you tried a factory reset?

unbesorgt

Reaction score

A battery pull might help. Worth a shot.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Are you in a 4G area? You talk about 3G and not 4G.

One trick is to power down, remove the battery and sim card and replace just the battery. Then power up completely, remove the battery, replace sim card (& battery) and power up. This is to make your phone reacquaint itself with the 4G network. Be sure to put the sim card in correctly or it can fry the card.

Reaction score
I read in another thread that some people's data issues improved after posting up the phone with the sim card removed, then powering down, reinserting the sim card, and powering back up. Did it earlier today and so far data performance seems to have improved. No drops so far.

hisself

Reaction score
My Bionic is fine. My only problem is with Firefox 10. It keeps crashing, like every 20 seconds. OTOH, my wife is on her third Bionic. First one I bricked. Second one, the speaker quit working. The Verizon folk yelled at her because she didn't update to 902. They did, but still no speaker. Next day she had speaker, but it is intermittent. Today she received number 3. Not sure if it is .893 or .902, I forgot to ask her (she is in FL, I am working in NJ). Hopefully, it will last for a while.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Very slow downloads.
Speedtest shows less than 5mg.
Used to be around 20mb.

mandragora

Reaction score
Very slow downloads.
Speedtest shows less than 5mg.
Used to be around 20mb.

I though that originally as well. When I first installed I noticed my data was at .5 mb. I drove around and as soon as I was at another cell it was fine (20mb). Now it's working fine everywhere.

atlrus

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that atlrus. Hard to figure why this release is working so well for some and not others. Personally, I think there are still issues with the Verizon infrastructure (towers/transmitters/swithces) in many areas of the country. I know I was going thru 3g/4g hell here is Colorado. Sometime around .893, I noticed a major improvement and read a couple of weeks later that Verizon was doing some upgrades in the area. Think they use the ole 80/20 rules and figure it's okay for most. I still noticed some network hick-ups, but .902 seems to have improved those in addition to fixing random reboots, HDMI issues and improving battery life. Hope things settle down for you, hang in there. I'd stay on Verizon about it. I got onto them a good bit some time ago and they did give me some additional discounts on my bill.

I wish this was the case, bud. My Thunderbolt is flawless when it comes to data handling and it was the first 4g phone from V.
This has been my worst experience ever with a cellphone (and I've owned every hyped phone there is), I am just impatiently waiting for HTC to come out with something new and good-bye Moto and good riddance.