So has it now been determined that the camera does click when focusing?

mjs31

Reaction score
In very quiet environments, me camera clicks while it tries to focus. Then, even when I get the green corners, very seldom is it actually in focus. I know there is supposed to be a software fix on the way, but still curious if this is what others have been seeing?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All i get is red corners, i got a green once, but that was like right after i bought it, and it was green once, never again have i seen the green.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
All i get is red corners, i got a green once, but that was like right after i bought it, and it was green once, never again have i seen the green.

Ditto! It's always red, except for that one time (in store) - LOL!

I downloaded camera apps which seem to be able to focus some of the time, but none of them are able to utilize the flash!

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
yeah same here.. since friday, i can only get to get the green light in a
well lit area.. its always red. but in any case the photos seems to be
good in quality.

Stigy

Reaction score
Mine is red a lot as well, BUT the photos are still clear and focused on my computer.

Anything I take with this camera really only goes on Facebook so not 100% concerned.

I am going to wait until December 11th to see what the update fixes.

josh

Reaction score
I also only got the green corners once, and when I tried scanning a barcode with an app the camera focused in and out constantly without locking on.

ImmaMechE

Reaction score
josh, I had the same problem you did with the barcode scanning app. I've managed to get it to read a COUPLE times, but it takes a lot of time, energy, and effort. For now, if I actually want to use that program, I'll stick to punching in the barcode. Hopefully the December 11th update fixes this problem.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
Interesting. I will see what the update fixes and if I need a swap I will do it. I cannot get any in focus shots even though I get green corners.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
i watch the video posted on here and listen and mine clicks the same way best buy swaped my 1st droid cuz it keep crashin but wont swap this one cuz its not est if this is faulty camera hardware. i just dont wanna get stuck with a droid thats faulty and the ota wont fix that and im sure it want be a recall or a tech that can fix it. i played with 2 droids at a vzw store and they made the same sound. damn

lauriep

Reaction score
My camera doesn't click, it, well, it CLANKS! A metallic, but delicate, CLANK! Seems to work fine, just makes noise. And no green here, but the pics are fine. Maybe the GREEN corners are incorrect!