so embarrassing error message?

nacho220

Reaction score
About 5 days ago I all of a sudden got an error message that started by saying

"So embarrassing..."

and continued to tell me to email an email address and then flashes off the screen.

It seems as if this might be when something freezes up or doesn't load right. But the thing is, when the message appears it does in fact look like it was when something froze, but I can continue to keep doing what I was doing, so its not like it was when something force closed or anything. It also seems to just happen randomly on anything and has since happened maybe an additional 5-7 times since then. I say random because its not doing on one particular app, or screen, just at random and the way it appears on the screen is when I might be moving to a different menu, screen, or selecting something on an app, giving the impression something might have been wrong with what I tried to do, but as I mentioned...I still keep going on with what I was doing. Of course, there might be something entirely wrong, but I'm just illustrating the way it appears to me.

Anyone else getting this message? The message flashes off too fast for me to get the entire message. Obviously I'll want to write it down when I can, but I usually don't have a pen and paper when it happens :icon_eek:

Something to be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

piggylubber

Reaction score
what email address does it ask you to email? I would start by googling that...It sounds almost like some type of malware, but I am not qualified to say if the Droid is able to be infected that way, so my second guess as a novice poking in my 2 cents is an app. If it happens often enough, you could un-install your apps one by one and seeing when the problems stops, thus finding the possible rogue app..

Also if you are able to catch the email address, chances are it will lead you straight to the developer of the app...

Keep us posted. I am curious what the problem is.

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Just an update on this situation. I have not encountered this message since I made this posting. So that obviously would be a good thing. I'm guessing it went away at some point with an app I may have removed. However it didn't happen for sometime and I removed several apps since then so I really can't tell if and what app it might have been. But its not happening. I tried to catch the email address but it flashes off the screen by the time you read that much of it and try to catch the email address. I thought it was kind of funny it went away so fast cause if they want you to email the address they show they should at least leave it up there long enough to read it, haha.
Thanks for replying.... if it comes back I'll be sure to post here.