Reboot causes DX to resend messages

xious

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with text messages being resent after you reboot the phone? Once I reboot, it will resend the last few messages that I've sent to whoever, sometimes two or three different people. When I look in the conversation thread, the text messages that were resent have actually moved from when they were originally sent to the end of the conversation. It seems like the phone thinks the last few messages were not sent, so it resends them and reorders them in the conversation.

It's really pissing me off and is kind of annoying for my friends who keep getting duplicate messages. I don't know what to do to keep this from happening. Any thoughts?

X

OP
X

xious

Reaction score
Ok, it's still doing it. I had Delivery Reports enabled on the messaging app but really wasn't getting any reports, so I thought it was resending the messages because of that. But I disabled it and it's still doing it. So I don't know what the problem is. It is really becoming a nuisance.

Anybody have any ideas or is at least having the same issues?

OP
X

xious

Reaction score
I'm using the stock messaging app with SMS Popup.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this thread.

My original D1 does the same exact thing no app for messaging everything stock not rooted... it really pisses me off! Thought I was alone on this issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rmart88

Reaction score
Hmmm, idk then. I have D1 and I use Handcent. I used to have this issue, and i thought it was Handcent causing it to do this, and that seemed to be the general consensus around this forum... I wasnt updating Handcent for a long time because all the reviews said the updates were making it worse. Then i got my phone wet and had to get a replacement, so i had to download the latest Handcent. I havent been having that problem anymore... I thought maybe the Dev ironed out the issue finally, but maybe it was my original phone doing it, not Handcent... Interesting

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Handcent has not had that issue in months....
Can't say for the stock app as I never use it.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I just went back to stock from root, all the things the devs can do is amazing. But imo I love my phone stock... I had kangerade and UD BB 0.4 all the big ones they were all great. Just love the droid just the way it was born. :)

rmart88

Reaction score
I just went back to stock from root, all the things the devs can do is amazing. But imo I love my phone stock... I had kangerade and UD BB 0.4 all the big ones they were all great. Just love the droid just the way it was born. :)

Congrats? Not sure where that came from... just a little random

xpezdj

Reaction score
Sorry just bought tapatalk and wanted to use it lol. But the other guy said he never uses stock...so...yea to each his own

flymuck

Reaction score
I'm having this problem too... non-rooted Droid x, with AndroSMS installed. I have uninstalled AndroSMS, and installed Handcent instead... We'll see what happens!

Nightmares

Reaction score
My Handcent is going crazy, resending old messages i have received from people over and over. I dont know what's going on.

I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it. But it still acts up the same. Any help?

nathank

Reaction score
Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm also using SMSPopup.
Every reboot resends messages.

xpezdj

Reaction score
Thinking about talking with verizon but that usually ends up with nothing happening

Sent from my Drtoid using Tapatalk

ThemApples

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with text messages being resent after you reboot the phone? Once I reboot, it will resend the last few messages that I've sent to whoever, sometimes two or three different people. When I look in the conversation thread, the text messages that were resent have actually moved from when they were originally sent to the end of the conversation. It seems like the phone thinks the last few messages were not sent, so it resends them and reorders them in the conversation.

It's really pissing me off and is kind of annoying for my friends who keep getting duplicate messages. I don't know what to do to keep this from happening. Any thoughts?

X

Ok, has there been a fix yet for this problem. Mine is doing the same thing whenever I reboot. I also have SMSPopup installed. Any help would be great!!

TA