Snooze - adjustable?

wcbkdb

Reaction score
When trying to snooze an event, I can find no way to adjust the snooze time. I would like to be able to snooze an event for variable amnts of time "on the fly" - sometimes 5 mins/10 mins/1 hr/etc. I tried downloading (and buying) Alarming! Alarm Clock and it consistently shut down. I have suffered through yrs of MS phones and can say this is the only thing that I miss. Any suggestions?

naman919

Reaction score
Bump.

BB could do this very easily. Am i just missing something? What is the default snooze anyway? 10 min?

Where/how do you adjust the snooze?

Also, when you select one of two calendar alerts, if they occur simultaneously, then the snooze options goes away. wtf? halp!

EDIT: Moderator can you move this to a more appropriate forum so it can be seen? Thanks!

Last edited:

brochaos

Reaction score
i know the snooze can be adjusted, but i think it's a global setting, not per event.

silverx10

Reaction score
In the clock app, hit the Menu key. Press settings.

Or Preferences.

Or whatever.

It'll let you choose different times for the snooze timer. What's more, the updated clock app for 2.1 gives you even MORE intervals for the snooze.

mjs31

Reaction score

Or Preferences.

Or whatever.

It'll let you choose different times for the snooze timer. What's more, the updated clock app for 2.1 gives you even MORE intervals for the snooze.

Is this also for the calendar? I asked a similar question the other day regarding the calender event snooze. It seems like mine is 5 minutes, but my clock snooze is 10 minutes. I will have to give this a try.

As for the original posters, I would imagine there will be apps for all of this stuff down the road.

Update: The snooze setting described is only for the clock and nothing to do with the calendar.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i got the timer widget from the market. you can set it from 1 second to 24 hours and put as many notifications thingys you want.

naman919

Reaction score

Or Preferences.

Or whatever.

Is this also for the calendar? I asked a similar question the other day regarding the calender event snooze. It seems like mine is 5 minutes, but my clock snooze is 10 minutes. I will have to give this a try.

As for the original posters, I would imagine there will be apps for all of this stuff down the road.

Update: The snooze setting described is only for the clock and nothing to do with the calendar.

Calendar is what i was referring too.

i got the timer widget from the market. you can set it from 1 second to 24 hours and put as many notifications thingys you want.

Can you elaborate? I'm at work can't check right now.

naman919

Reaction score
bump.

I'm looking for information about how to snooze a single item in calendar. Several will send a notification at once but i would like to individually snooze them for different times.

i don't see the advantage of adding a reminder when you select the item. That doesn't seem to work.

Can someone break down how to snooze one item and how to adjust the snooze time. I would like a 30 min snooze, not 5. :mad:

jns.das

Reaction score
Bump,
The one thing windows mobile did well. When a calendar item reminder opens you have options to snooze this single event. Android handles this poorly. Why wud I want to snooze all items equally? Items shud be listed as events and allow us to prioritize them. Some events can be pushed to tomorrow while others 5 minutes and even still others can be snoozed over and over and over again. If in android I open the item and change the "reminder" its now an event in the past which does not help anyone.

My two cents

jns.das

Reaction score
Is it impossible to have this on a Droid? Set some example events for illustration purposes. As you see I have 2 items I can dismiss and 2 others that I am going to snooze with different settings... Why cannot Android or Google do this? Should be simple!

naman919

Reaction score
+1

This is a basic thing that should have been in the Calendar from the start.

PLEASE ADD THIS GOOGLE!

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I agree....

... the snooze thing stinks. it's all or nothing, snooze all or dismiss all. lame. almost as bad as the ridiculously tiny fonts on the calender items in the day view.

DroidSometimesDoes

Reaction score
Bump,
The one thing windows mobile did well. When a calendar item reminder opens you have options to snooze this single event. Android handles this poorly. Why wud I want to snooze all items equally? Items shud be listed as events and allow us to prioritize them. Some events can be pushed to tomorrow while others 5 minutes and even still others can be snoozed over and over and over again. If in android I open the item and change the "reminder" its now an event in the past which does not help anyone.

My two cents

I totally agree. That's one of the things I really liked about my MotoQ 9m that I really really miss. Google needs to get on that. I don't care if it's not a default, but a toggleable (that's a new word) feature, but I kinda gotta have it...