Clock apps/widget always late

rawfa

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife got a Milestone some weeks ago and we've noticed that all clock related apps and widget keep getting late (the system clock is always perfectly on time) if the phone is inactive for some time. I've tried several clock widgets and the same thing keeps happening. On the calendar snooze widget the alarms are going off like 10 minutes late. I´ve tested the same apps and widgets on my Samsung Vibrant and I didn´t have any issues at all. My wife has task killer installed (as have I) but I´ve checked and these clock apps/widgets were not being killed.

Did this happen to anyone else? We are seriously thinking about exchanging the the phone for a new one. I´ve already checked in several other android forums and nobody could help us out.

thanks

Rafa

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Get rid of the app killer on both your phones. Even if it doesn't fix the clock problem (which i have a feeling it will) it will increase your battery life.

OP
R

rawfa

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about uninstalling the app on my wife´s phone just to be sure. I´ll let you guys know how it turned out.

thanks

OP
R

rawfa

Reaction score
The actual phone clock doesn´t get late, only clock related apps and widgets. From what I´ve read on your thread there is no solution to date, right?

OP
R

rawfa

Reaction score
We´ve tested without the task killer and the issue persists. I was starting to think this could cpu related, but I think that´s impossible, otherwise there would be thousands of Milestone users complaining about this.

OP
R

rawfa

Reaction score
BTW, the time drift is gradual. It starts with 1 minute and if it can go up to 10...but then if you lock the phone and then unlock it the system updates the time to the correct time.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
BTW, the time drift is gradual. It starts with 1 minute and if it can go up to 10...but then if you lock the phone and then unlock it the system updates the time to the correct time.

That is really strange, If it is bothering her enough you may want to consider sending it in. You will probably get a refurb in return which people have had varying degrees of success with.