[ROM] SnkBitten 2.2.6 - Froyo 2.2.2 AOSP ROM

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
SnkBitten 2.2.6 is now available. Very small changes as the ROM is stable and feature locked. Again the original goal when building this ROM was to remain as close to AOSP "Vanilla" Android as possible, compiling from the source code and adding a few extra tweaks or features that I felt made it better than the stock ROM from Motorola/Verizon.

http://android.snkbitten.com/roms/SnkBitten2.2.6.zip

Latest changes...

1) Corrected an issue that prevented Superuser updating from the Market. Superuser will now update as newer versions of it hit the Market.

2) Using the Motorola FRG83G Email.apk instead of the source built .apk. This fixed an Exchange 2010 issue that FRG83G corrected (thanks to dparm for noticing and testing this).

3) Replaced the bootanimation that I was using (found on the internet) with something I created....though bootanimations are easily replaceable by YOU. Also used a looping animation as the previous one stopped and left the user at a black screen while it finished initializing the system on the very first boot. This lead some to believe that their phone had "locked" and pulled the battery.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
i love this rom! its very overlooked... i was wondering if there are any themes for it anywhere? i saw the ibe fir 2.2.2 but idk if it would work. :p

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
i love this rom! its very overlooked... i was wondering if there are any themes for it anywhere? i saw the ibe fir 2.2.2 but idk if it would work. :p

Thanks....
As for themes...I don't do them and I would guess the rom being "overlooked" covers themers as well :)

Sent from my Xoom

juggalo4271

Reaction score
Will there be any more updates for snakebitten? With froyo up to 2.2.3 now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mousemilk

Reaction score
WiFi gone

Just installed 2.2.6 on my Droid 1. Everything was working fine. Ran it for about 2 hours trying everything under the sun, and all of a sudden WiFi went bye-bye! Phone still works, 3G works fine. If I go to WiFi settings, the router which is 2 feet away says out of range. Works fine with my laptop, so I know it's not the router. Any suggestions?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Just installed 2.2.6 on my Droid 1. Everything was working fine. Ran it for about 2 hours trying everything under the sun, and all of a sudden WiFi went bye-bye! Phone still works, 3G works fine. If I go to WiFi settings, the router which is 2 feet away says out of range. Works fine with my laptop, so I know it's not the router. Any suggestions?

You can try deleting the connection and reconnecting again. I only can connect via WiFi since my old Droid is no longer in service so I know WiFi works without issue. You could also try a different kernel, I have found ChevyNo1 kernels work extremely well.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2