[ROM] SnkBitten 2.2.2 is out!

bassman1547

Reaction score
OK. Downloaded on my Droid 1. Very nice. Smooth. ADW launcher. The kernel is awesome. Still checking, but it seems to let my battery laaaaaast longer. Whats with that?:icon_ banana:
I have SetCPU, OC to 700. Compcache enabled.
I'm not sure exactly the magic you used, but this ROM is acting VERY nice with my system.
I'll be looking forward to any tweeks you might have in store.
Hows about a powerbar widget the more options?

Last edited:

bassman1547

Reaction score
App Market update

OK. My first glitch ( if indeed a glitch). Market will not download updates.
My Maps and Screeble were auto re installed when I flashed SB 2.2. No Problems. Now, with the updates, down loads are unsuccessful. Any Ideas?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
OK. My first glitch ( if indeed a glitch). Market will not download updates.
My Maps and Screeble were auto re installed when I flashed SB 2.2. No Problems. Now, with the updates, down loads are unsuccessful. Any Ideas?
Maps is not included in SnkBitten because of the recent update, neither is Google Voice Search or StreetView.

Downloads of what exactly are unsuccessful? The only other I am aware of is the plain Google Search which was recently updated and I didn't grab it before compiling the ROM.

Everything else should update just fine. The reason certain apps don't update typically is that they are included in the /system/app directory which can't be written too (unless you are rooted).

If it's just downloads....try clearing the Market cache and even stopping (force close) it. Go to settings, applications, manage applications, all .....and find Market. Clear the cache, stop it and then go back to the Market. You should have to agree to the terms again....and then check downloads and see if you can get your updates for non-system apps.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
OK. Downloaded on my Droid 1. Very nice. Smooth. ADW launcher. The kernel is awesome. Still checking, but it seems to let my battery laaaaaast longer. Whats with that?:icon_ banana:
I have SetCPU, OC to 700. Compcache enabled.
I'm not sure exactly the magic you used, but this ROM is acting VERY nice with my system.
I'll be looking forward to any tweeks you might have in store.
Hows about a powerbar widget the more options?

Just a note...ADW Launcher is not included, what that something you had installed previously? did you Wipe Cache/Data before installing SnkBitten?

bassman1547

Reaction score
I installed AWP separately.. as for the market problem I wrote about earlier, false alarm. The whole market was down. its working perfectly now. I'm loving this ROM!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

johnfoam

Reaction score
Nice ROM. Was looking for a 2.2.1 rom with minimal tweaks and this seems to work nicely so far. I assume that if I want to change the kernel, I should go with a cvps version? Are there any particular ones that you recommend from a specific version of sapphire? I was looking at these - Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.1.0/kernels/latest

Or, does the rom support any froyo kernel?

Thanks!

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nice ROM. Was looking for a 2.2.1 rom with minimal tweaks and this seems to work nicely so far. I assume that if I want to change the kernel, I should go with a cvps version? Are there any particular ones that you recommend from a specific version of sapphire? I was looking at these - Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.1.0/kernels/latest

Or, does the rom support any froyo kernel?

Thanks!

It should support any froyo kernel. I've run jdflg's and cvpcs's on it, haven't tried any others but there isn't anything set to require a specific kernel.