Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
SnkBitten 2.2.2 is now available.

http://android.snkbitten.com/roms/SnkBitten2.2.2.zip

SnkBitten-DROID.jpg

Another compile with a few new additions and presto...SnkBitten2.2.2 :)

Additions:

Eliot Stocker's Music app
FileManager app (OI File Manager)
SnkBitten default_wallpaper added to selectable choices
Improved Icon image for SNKWallpapers
Ring-a-Ding Ringtone added (Geico)

Removed:
Stock Music app, Eliot Stocker's modified version is now the included app.

Changelog from 2.2.1

• Build numbering starting at 2.2.1 to match Froyo Release 2.2.1 as synced to Google's source (AOSP)

• Built from AOSP source for Froyo Nothing fancy, nothing extreme, trying to remain as close to stock Froyo but with a touch of enhancements and improved features.
  • New kernel [cvpcs] Added 250-800SV kernel for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box.
  • Added Reboot option to Power Off button press [Woodyman]
  • Added Audio DSP settings [alankila] Alankila's Audio Digital Signal Processing system. DSPManager in apps.
  • Superuser compiled in [ChainsDD] Using source repo of ChainsDD to pull Superuser for build.
  • Using proprietaries from FRG22D leak The leak (courtesy p3droid) has been included in this release
  • Changed build.prop overrides to fix Market issues [cyanogen] Changed the build prop overrides to match that of FRG22D so that market will believe SnkBitten is a standard verizon release
  • Added ability to see MOD/ROM version in Settings [cvpcs] This allows for the phone to better match Verizon's releases.
  • Added busybox [cvpcs (removed need for modified bionic)] [cyanogen (base)] provides a large set of command line executables
  • Added libc-ext [cvpcs] provides syscalls not included in bionic used by busybox
  • Added SNKWallpapers [cyanogen] removed cyanogenmod specific images, added other images found on web
  • Other tweaks: Reduced ring delay from 3000 to 1000 Increased WiFi scan time from 15 to 90 Added FLAC support [cyanogen] Updated to wpa-supplicant 0.6.x [koush] Removed Maps, Street, Voice Search from build (obtain from Market for latest) Includes latest Google CarHome app

• Added additional applications Wired Tether Wireless Tether Move2SD Enabler (GUI for Apps2SD) Download Crutch Lite (download any file type in browser)
  • Basic scripts - sysrw, sysro and compache. Compcache does work with the included kernel however I personally do not use it.

Last edited:

TMYINC

Reaction score
I have this downloaded and ready to flash over tomorrow. Im currently testing a few themes for some other roms but I definitely want to make time to examine this rom. The first build was amazing so I have high hopes for this upgrade. I will probably post tomorrow evening after I get a chance to play around with it. Great job on the first build btw. Very fast and stable. Flawless IMO and great for a day to day rom. The main this I look for is reliability and this has it. The changelog shows so new features that I am very interested in so I am very excited. Well off to bed now. Got to get some sleep for work in the morning and phone fun after!

jellybean420

Reaction score
I will give this a try but only if there is app2sd love? Can i move any of em to my sdcard? Script or anything? Didnt notice in the OP

Nvm haha i see in the post now. Well ill be flashing this rom and see how it goes, thanks.

Last edited:

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran this Rom yesterday to test it out and it is definitely a nice Rom...not overdone, good additions and features for a basically stock upgrade, very stable, no FC's or issues at all...It was a pleasure to test and I will def keep my eye on this section.....:)

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Saw this in RM the other day and was about to ask about it. Now I dont have to, downloading now =]

emdmao

Reaction score
Gonna give this ROM a run tonight, if nothing else, for the awesome name :)

pdroid00

Reaction score
Hey tcrews...liking snkbitten 2.2.2 alot, good wallpapers. The rom has a good feel to it. Smooth and nice. Going to stay on it for a while and use it. Thanks for developing it from source it is a lot of hard work and it is appreciated.

jim.crews

Reaction score
An extremely stable, daily use, worry free ROM. I for one am glad you pursued this.

liquid0624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good job on building from source hopefully others follow in our foot steps if ya have ne questions or need any help shoot me a pm great job again !!!

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I installed it a moment ago, and it seems basic and usable. One thing I noticed was that it didn't restore my apps from the backup transport.

Keep up the good work!

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I installed it a moment ago, and it seems basic and usable. One thing I noticed was that it didn't restore my apps from the backup transport.

Keep up the good work!

Sorry to hear that. It did mine and all my test users, I even flashed it on a guys at work and it re-installed all his apps....