SMS won't scroll

Pouget

Reaction score
While viewing an sms message, if I try and scroll, it just shoves the screen back to the most recent message. If I swipe my finger really fast it will go up the list in messages, but the second I touch the screen it will go back all the way to the bottom.

I have the Droid 2, froyo 2.2 new and "un-modded". Just installed a few programs from the market like more icon widgets...that's about the only thing. Anyone have a suggestion?

dsm1824

Reaction score
Do you have a task killing application? I have just had the same problem on a friends Droid2. They had task panel. I uninstalled it and it worked perfectly.

TheFrequency

Reaction score
I have the same issue with SMS scrolling. I had Advanced Task Killer but I uninstalled it per dsm's recommendation; this did not resolve the issue. My setup is the same as OP's: droid 2, unmodded, very few apps. Would love to find a fix for this as it drives me insane.

dmlemel

Reaction score
Same problem

If anyone finds a solution please let me know!

dsm1824

Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work for you guys... :( my friend still is problem free after uninstalling task panel... have u tried resetting to factory settings?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dmlemel

Reaction score
I just installed an updated. it took 5 min and now it works fine. That is one annoying problem so I hope that helps! Settings - about phone - system updates.

TheFrequency

Reaction score
I just installed an updated. it took 5 min and now it works fine. That is one annoying problem so I hope that helps! Settings - about phone - system updates.

Yes! Updating works. I'm new to Droid so didn't know how to update. Thanks dmlemel!

dancedroid

Now I have System Version: 2.2.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

OP
P

Pouget

Reaction score
I did uninstall to the factory settings since I had the task killer while I was in the store. Made up a fake conversation and sent a million texts and it gave me the problem. It seems if the problem starts, I delete a conversation thread with someone and the current one I'm looking at works....it's so annoying it still acts up every now and then.