Droid Browser is not working correctly now....

YosM45

Reaction score
I've just about had it with the OEM browser. I preferred it over Dolphin because it was simpler, but ever sice the 2.0.1 update, it has been absolutely squirlly.

1) Pages load slower, sometimes not at all. Have to reload to get them back up.
2) Sometimes I will touch a link and it will scroll to the bottom of the page.
3) If I leave my finger on the screen, it starts jumping all over the page like its on crack.
4) When I swipe to scroll across the entire page, it lags.

These are just a few. Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

Which browser was it that let you view real webpages, not mobile pages?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Using both the native Browser and the Dolphin Browser and both are Smoking :)

lockman

Reaction score
Installed Dolphin about a week ago. Notice my phone was getting slower and slower. Christmases Eve the slowness was really evident after playing with my friends Droid apped exactly like mine,minus Dolphin. Uninstalled it,and the phone's been fast since. Anybody else had this problem?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
don't think it is a dolphin problem... there is a documented problem about 2.0.1 and browser scrolling... and i've noticed it as well with both

OP
Y

YosM45

Reaction score
don't think it is a dolphin problem... there is a documented problem about 2.0.1 and browser scrolling... and i've noticed it as well with both

Any fixes?

not from what i've heard... try the 2.1 ROM if you're daring

: ) I'll hold off until Jan.

sapient79

Reaction score
Immediately after the 2.0.1 update I found that more often than not I would enter a search term into main google page in Dolphin, hit "google search", the button would grey out, and the search wouldn't initiate. I can go back and use the included Browser and a search works just fine. Maybe Dolphin needs another update??

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BacknBlack,
I know you've got your Droid rooted.... is the 2.1 browser improved over what we received for a browser update in 2.0.1?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BacknBlack,
I know you've got your Droid rooted.... is the 2.1 browser improved over what we received for a browser update in 2.0.1?

I only used 2.0.1 for about 1/2 day before going to 2.1, So I am not a good judge for that...I was using Dolphin anyway.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
Same problem laggy dolphin browser sine the 2.1 update... I click to open a link or search bar and I get a blank screen and tab until I click the tab and then it pops up :l also when typing if you double click to hide the tabs and go full size when typing in landscape with the on screen keyboard it immediatly jumps to the bottom of the screen and you can't see what your typing you have to use the actual key board to type in landscape with dolphin.. and now asim typing this on my droid I have no cursor great! No matter where I click no cursor shows up! These are my problems anyone else having them :(