SMS messages not receieved

woodengineer

Reaction score
This is going to make me have to abandon MIUI for some time..it's getting absurd. I missed more than 15 messages tonight. It is probably happening to all of you and you just haven't noticed it/hasn't been as bad as this yet. It's been happening the last few builds and it needs a fix or the ROM is essentially dead (who the hell wants to not get sms messages?). I am currently using the newest build btw.

I've tried only using the MIUI messaging app (no change), I've tried Handcent (no change) and a few others...everything leads to the same result. I will also receive many of the same message from people (even if they only sent it once) and on occasion when I reboot my phone it will resend all the messages sent to a person on my contact list (wtf?)....this is a pretty serious issue.

tux2k47

Reaction score
I'll second you my man, I've (over the last couple days) ever since I upgraded to the latest build, I've had nothing but problems with SMS. I have missed numerous text messages from many important contacts and I sound like I'm crazy on the phone when I tell them I never received them. I have tried other Roms for example switching back to BB I have 0 issues with SMS.

It has to be an issue with either or the ROM or the built in Messaging App in MIUI. If I remember correctly I thought MIUI had its own custom .apk instead of using the stock Android messaging app... But ya I love the MIUI interface but I was forced to switch back until this issue is resolved.

napes22

Reaction score
That happened to me 2 weeks back. I haven't had issues on the newest rom though.

Are you having issues with all texts not coming in, or just from certain contacts?

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite. The last few builds I missed many texts and calls. This build has been rock solid so far.

dawg55

Reaction score
I had this issue with the last build but so far my SMS/MMS has been working fine, or at least as far as I know.