SMS Message Stuck

craffo

Reaction score
As I was clearing a message, someone texted me at exact same time. Now that message is stuck and will not go away. It will start randomly streaming in my notification bar, and at the bottom of the unlock screen. When I click on the person's contact information, it always shows I have a new SMS message from them. If you attempt to click it to read it, it just says "loading" and my entire screen goes white. Also, when I receive a text it will show that I have 2 new texts since that other one is stuck there and technically still "new" since I can't click it. This has been there for days. I tried restarting the phone and I tried taking the battery out...I'm not sure what I should do??

cpjr

Reaction score
yeah its a bug, I saw a remedy for it somewhere on the interwebz but cannot remember the solution now. If you google it Im sure you could find it.

illmatic636

Reaction score
As I was clearing a message, someone texted me at exact same time. Now that message is stuck and will not go away. It will start randomly streaming in my notification bar, and at the bottom of the unlock screen. When I click on the person's contact information, it always shows I have a new SMS message from them. If you attempt to click it to read it, it just says "loading" and my entire screen goes white. Also, when I receive a text it will show that I have 2 new texts since that other one is stuck there and technically still "new" since I can't click it. This has been there for days. I tried restarting the phone and I tried taking the battery out...I'm not sure what I should do??

try going into settings/applications/managed applications. Select the "All" tab at the top of the screen. Find the messaging app and select it. Then clear data in that app and restart your device.

That should fix the problem. Let us know.

Good luck

OP
C

craffo

Reaction score
Hey, I just tried that and restarted my phone and it didn't work. I tried it again and took my battery out and it still didn't work...

illmatic636

Reaction score
Do you have any widget application installed on your phone thru the market?

OP
C

craffo

Reaction score
I have a 'Message Widget' when i go into settings/applications/managed applications/ALL... is that what you are referring to? I opened it and it says its 00.0B and the Clear button is tinted (i can't click it). I'm guessing because I already cleared it last time? Other than than I have swipe but that's the only thing I ever got for my messages since i got my phone.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Okay, delete the widget from your home screen and re add it.

Sorry I'm not being much help here. It's too bad your not Rooted, a screen shot of what your seeing would be great help, to help you.

Last edited:
OP
C

craffo

Reaction score
I figured it out (well my coworker helped me!)...I downloaded from the Market 'SMS Cleaner' and in the settings of this app i unchecked 'keep new messages' (since this was a new phantom message) and then using the search in the app I was able to delete the message. I had tried deleting the contact before, etc but this worked. I just wanted to post this in case there were other people wondering...thank you thank you for your help :)