Text Message stuck in Notifications

Rochelleand

Reaction score
I can't clear a text notification. While I was reading a text, another came through - an SMS update from Facebook. When I look in my text messages, it's not there. When I click on the notification, it takes me to create a new text message. When I clear the notification, the next time I got a text, that one pops back up. Then it keeps flashing the notification that I have a message.... how do i clear this stuck message out of notifications?

Hey, just registered to let you guys know that I've found a solution for this problem.

I was having this problem after a bunch of Facebook SMS messages hit my phone at the same time, jammed it up, and one of them got stuck in my notification bar. No mater what I did, I couldn't get rid of it.

What you need to do is download "SMS Cleaner Free" by Carrot App ... here's a link: SMS Cleaner Free - Android app on AppBrain (or do a search in the android market)

Once you've installed SMS cleaner, go to "delete by keyword" and delete the "undeletable" message like that. In my case, I just typed "Facebook" and it instantly found the 1 message, and prompted me to delete it.

After deleting the message, go and clear out the notification. So far it works prefectly. I really hope this helps! Drop me a message on twitter if you need help walking through these steps. Benjamin George (darkdomino) on Twitter

I have this issue on my LG GT540, however the above app can not find the message to delete it

Okay I am having the same problem and I got the SMS Cleaner and tried to delete it but it still isn't working! Help?!

I'm having the exact same issue on my Galaxy Nexus with GoSMS...just tried the SMS cleaner app, hope it works.

Back