Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2- problem with stuck SMS message

rc11

Reaction score
As I was clearing my entire inbox, someone texted me at exact same time. Now that message is stuck and will not go away. It will start randomly streaming in my notification bar, and at the bottom of the unlock screen. When I click on the person's contact information, it always shows I have a new SMS message from them. If you attempt to click it to read it, it just says "loading" forever. Also, when I receive a text it will show that I have 2 new texts since that other one is stuck there and technically still "new" since I can't click it. This has been there for days. I tried restarting the phone, I tried taking the battery out, I tried some program called SMS cleaner.. that thing will NOT go away. I've received texts at the same time I was clearing them with 2.1 but I never had this problem until the upgrade to Froyo. Anyone know how to get rid of it or will I need to do a hard reset?

KarenL

Reaction score
I too have a Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2.

I have the same problem. It's a little different how it happened though. All I did was send a text message and the screen went to a "Loading..." screen. I didn't think anything of it until my friend replied and I couldn't open the message. I just get a "Loading..." screen forever. I sent another message to test it out and that one did the same thing. I have since done a soft reset and any new messaging works fine, with the exception of those two numbers that originally I got the "Loading..." screen with.

I am able to click on them and they show as read, and I am able to delete them too.

I have deleted the contact and re-entered them, and I have reset the data in my People, and my Messages. I don't know what else to do, short of doing a hard reset, which I would prefer not to do. I called Verizon and they were of no help, they referred me to HTC and they were of no help, they sent me back to Verizon.

Can someone help with this "Loading..." screen issue? Sounds like this could be a problem with HTC Incredible Froyo 2.2?

mburchna

Reaction score
I Am having the same exact problem. I also have a DROID Incredible 2.2. I don't want to hard reset at all thats a pain. Please someone help us out.

atthehop

Reaction score
Have you tried shutting it off and pulling the battery out for 20 seconds and putting it all back together.

mburchna

Reaction score
Yes tried that. I have been dealing with this for about two weeks now

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Battery pulls? Who does that?;)

From what I'm reading a factory data reset may be what you need to fix it. Good luck.

KarenL

Reaction score
I tried taking my battery out too. It fixed the initial problem with the "Loading..." screen. I can text message now and not get the problem, but the two numbers that were doing it to begin with, it hasn't resolved that problem.

Sounds to me like someone (software dev.) should be looking into a fix for this bug.

dkyle

Reaction score
I had the same problem a couple days ago. Got a new message while i was deleting some and it kept popping up in my notification bar. The sms cleaner app worked for me. I could read part of the message while the phone was locked and searched for a word from the txt in the app. It found the message and let me delete it.

KarenL

Reaction score
I am able to delete the messages with a long press. Any message I send or receive from two numbers always show the "Loading..." screen.

Anyone have help for me with this problem?

dugstan

Reaction score
I was able to delete the message using "SMS Cleaner Free". Use the Delete by Keyword also in the settings be sure to de-select keep unread message.

I do still have a message count for that one contact. Don't know how to reset that counter.

brm_27

Reaction score
If you guys are still having the issue...
Check the settings in the SMS Cleaner Free...
By default, it is setup to not delete unread messages...
Uncheck this setting to allow it to delete the unreads...
Worked for me...
Droid Incredible Froyo