Smart Phone newbie: touch pad, photo gps issues

srd515

Reaction score
Hi. I've just had my Incredible (they should really have named it the Time Waster) for about three days. It's my first real "smart phone" in that I've simply been using the standard-issue Verizon cellphones for the past six years or so.

I am really enjoying it, yet am finding it frustrating in some ways, mainly because I'm new to this kind of hardware. Most frustrations have to do with the touch-screen and how hard it can be to input type. But my learning curve is growing.

I am a copy editor for a large metropolitan newspaper so I should have been using this device for some time now. The work I do is mainly seen on devices such as these and it's important I get a feel for the user experience.

I also love photography and travel and like how this device will let me take and geotag photos and post them for friends on the spot. I recently lost my mp3 player, and I've been longing for a GPS device, so this seems the perfect 3- or 4-in-one device.

The main issues I'm dealing with right now are:

How can I make touch screen typing easier? I'm a 55-year-old dude who's used to full-size keyboards and my fingers and failing eyesight make the touchpad a bit daunting. I'm hoping the Swype software will be available soon for my device. Wonder if anyone knows that will be part of a software upgrade push anytime soon.

Are there other good apps that make touch pad typing easier? I'll look around for tips and tricks here.

I'd also like to know how to make sure all of my photos are automatically geotagged. Doesn't look like that's happening right now.

That's it. Appreciate any feedback and I'll roam the site in the meantime.

-- Steve

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
newbie.gif

Great intro and welcome. Your learning curve will be steep and fast at first and then will taper off. I've learned everything I know about the droid here, from cool usefull apps, to saving the phone when all it would do is sit at the M logo on start up.

This site and the peeps are great.

OP
S

srd515

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! It's an epiphany a day with this phone and it's nice to find this resource.