New smart phone user

DragonScorpion

Reaction score
Guess I should have done this first... oops. So, yeah, I'm new here. Hailing from the "Show Me" State. Just recently switched from AT&T to Verizon {I had been on Cingular for years until the big buy out}. I really didn't have a big problem with AT&T's service per se like so many do, my biggest complaint was paying too much for too little.

I recently bought my first smart phone, the HTC Thunderbolt. I had been using a Razr, which I loved because it was nearly indestructible! I wasn't that interested in a smart phone at first, until a friend of mine and his wife got a pair. They were Samsung, but I don't recall the models. I was blown away by what those phones could do.

So I got to thinking about it. I'd long been wanting an Mp3 player, a GPS for the car, and Internet access for my laptop when I visit my parents lake house or travel out of town, and my compact Cannon camera recently died so I was needing a new camera, too. I realized these new Droids have got all that covered and a lot less money. So, I was sold. What to get though...

First off, I knew I didn't want anything Apple. Never have, don't expect to anytime soon. I was looking for something with a slideout keyboard because the touch screen seemed too awkward {I'm still getting used to it, slower than I was on my Razr!} But, once I saw how large the keyboards are on the larger screened phones, like the Motorola Droid X, I decided it might be a good way to go.

I was impressed with it, but then the guy at the store mentioned the Thunderbolt would be coming out later that week so I decided to look at it first. I had a hard time making up my mind, lots of good advantages and apparent disadvantages of both. Reading some reviews helped, and some comments here. I finally settled on the TB. So far I'm loving it! It seems to have about everything I need. I'm wondering how I ever got along without it... :D

~ James

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us and these phones to seem to amaze most of us users. The TB from what i have heard is a really solid device and has almost unmatched power. There is a pretty much endless list of what you can do once rooted tho. Feel free to ask any questions you may have along the way. We are here to help out and make the experience of these smartphones easier. Dive on into the communty and make yourself at home.