Smart Actions Enhancement Requests

ToTheMaxx

Reaction score
I would like the ability to set a default smart action. I suppose I could just turn all smart actions off set up my phone as I would like the default state to be then turn all smart actions back on. The problem is that I like the Smart Brightness feature in the app and I don't know that I would be able to use that function with the work around. Also, I just like being able to handle all the toggling within the smart actions app. Thanks!

johnejo

Reaction score
SmartActions and music volume

Is it possible, and if so how, can I set the an action when a particular trigger is activated to automatically increase the volume for music/bluetooth/etc? And, of course, when the trigger is no longer satisfied go back down to it's previous state. I can see how I can change both the ringer and notification volumes, but nothing pertaining to music volume.

Thank you!! :)

AndyAZ

Reaction score
I would like to request a capability I remember having in earlier versions, but is now missing. For manually launched SmartActions, such as when going to sleep, it would be good to just launch the action when touching the icon on the left, instead of having to go through the extra step of first opening the action and then turning it on. To open the SmartAction programming, touch the action definition text on the right or middle. Did not SmartActions used to behave with this simple and convenient behavior? Has not Apple been advertising Sleep mode activation as being just this simple on iphones :biggrin:

skk01

Reaction score
SmartAction Media volume control request

I would like to request for enhancing smartActions App to control Media volume in addition to ringer volume. When I am connected to bluetooth in my car, I would like the media Volume to be Max and I would like the media volume to return to the previous setting once I get disconnected from the bluetooth device ( once I get off the Car). I see that many other users have requested for the same enhancement, I would like to request it too. Thanks.

Rogus

Reaction score
I would like to request a capability I remember having in earlier versions, but is now missing. For manually launched SmartActions, such as when going to sleep, it would be good to just launch the action when touching the icon on the left, instead of having to go through the extra step of first opening the action and then turning it on. To open the SmartAction programming, touch the action definition text on the right or middle. Did not SmartActions used to behave with this simple and convenient behavior? Has not Apple been advertising Sleep mode activation as being just this simple on iphones :biggrin:

I had that same issue of wanting a one touch step to put my device into my nightime sleep mode. Someone pointed out the SA Drive widget and said I could set it up to do whatever I wanted it to do and put the widget on my home screen. It still has the "Drive" icon, but it's configured to my sleep actions. One touch on and off. Issue solved.

AndyAZ

Reaction score
1 touch SmartAction AND VIP list AND location trigger

I had that same issue of wanting a one touch step to put my device into my nightime sleep mode. Someone pointed out the SA Drive widget and said I could set it up to do whatever I wanted it to do and put the widget on my home screen. It still has the "Drive" icon, but it's configured to my sleep actions. One touch on and off. Issue solved.

Thanks a 1e+6 for the suggestion, but ...
When starting to set it up, I found that I would have to re-select the VIP list; i.e., there is no way to either re-use the existing VIP list in a new Rule, or to assign the widget to the existing Sleep Rule.

I am thinking now that the difference between a really good, but high maintenance, RAZR and a great RAZR is how simple SmartActions can be made. Is it really acceptable at Google not to be able to copy a VIP list, or to have a Vehicle Mode app that is not a real app, but can only be launched through a convoluted "Smart"Action and widget with a different name ("Drive")? This is soooo hokey, cryptic, convoluted, ...

Also, something I would like for location trigger is to be able to set the trigger radius. Twice last week I am in a location-triggered Work Rule, and then in a meeting on the other side of the building the phone rings; I had apparently moved too far away from my desk. How annoying.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
First I would like to have an app be a trigger. For example I usually keep my phones on minimal brightness but when I watch Netflix I always have to go in to setting Nd manually adjust the brightness. I would like to set Netflix as a trigger that turns the brightness up when I start to app. Not sure if that is possible.

Just wanted to +1 this one and give another Use Example.

Playing Ingress.

I would love to be able to have a Smartaction
>On Ingress Launch > Time out = Never.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Try AutomateIt... essentially a smart actions app with a lot more customization. You can set applications as a trigger for other actions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GettingPO

Reaction score
Good morning, I would like to have smart actions be able to send a reply to email like it can for Text and calls. Telling people that I am driving and I will get back to them ASAP. Maybe check incoming email and text sender if cell number available in contacts.

jtc303

Reaction score
Good morning, I would like to have smart actions be able to send a reply to email like it can for Text and calls. Telling people that I am driving and I will get back to them ASAP. Maybe check incoming email and text sender if cell number available in contacts.

automateit can do that

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

dariahna

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to have more than 4 phones numbers (VIPs) of contacts who can get through to me when my phone is in 'sleep' mode using Smart Actions. Or is that something that is possible now? I've had a Droid X forever, and just got the Droid Razr M a few weeks ago. Love the Smart Actions, but am bummed that I can only have 4 "VIP" numbers.

rip97000

Reaction score
yes!

I would like to see an enhancement to the Calendar Events to allow triggers from specific calendar entries based on subject text.

This would be especially handy for managing notification settings when I am on-call vs when I'm not as opposed to manually modifying during each on-call shift.

this would be very handy for people with multiple calenders and multiple accounts with calenders - i'm up to 5!

rip97000

Reaction score
need the ability to reduce or increase the radius for locations. i can set the location in my bedroom and the next day it doesn't activate. i have a very small area the smart action actually works.