Smart Actions Enhancement Requests

AngeloScuro

Reaction score
Angelo-

Have you tried the calendar event trigger? If you put your classes on your calendar and use this trigger, you won't need tp build all the timeframes. Works fantastically for me at work. The calendar integration is one of the best features of SmartActions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thank you for the suggestion I will defiantly play around with that, I also figured out if you select multiple locations in the location trigger then it treats it as an or function. That combined with the calender event trigger will allow me to create one rule. Thank you very much.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's not really an issue with priority in this case, the trigger and action was causing issues in a deeper multifaceted perspective.
As for prioritizing rules, the beauty of Smart Actions is that the system is designed to auto-prioritize so the user doesn't have to worry about such things. But if there is a strong need to have the capability of manually prioritizing rules we could implement it exactly the way you described. This is something that we are aware of and if users want it then we can "prioritize" it on our list. Ha, get it.

Guess you'll have to build a smart action that reminds you of that priority, huh? :biggrin:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Last edited:
OP
R

rhizomaticon

Reaction score
I thought we could begin a thread strictly for enhancement requests in hopes we may see these get into the app down the road.

My first one is the blinking LED notification - can we get this as an action to turn it off? I would love to have this in my Sleep Smart Action so the light doesn't wake me up at night (it can...).

Thanks!

Droid Razr Maxx (loving it!)

I'm going to expand this request to cover the ability to turn off all notifications, since a double vibrate for an eBay auction notification woke me up at 4:26 am :biggrin:. And maybe it's technically easier to disable all notifications since it seems to be a core part of the OS... or not?

Thanks!

goaliemn

Reaction score
Calendar events based on event?

I use another battery saver and it'll do matching based on whats in the calendar event, not just the existence of an event. Could something like that be added?

Thanks

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Goaliemn,
I don't fully understand your use case can you describe a bit more. I will then document and bring back to the Smart Actions team.

goaliemn

Reaction score
Maybe checking the contents of the appointment. If there is an appointment on the calendar, and it contains "business" activate.

warrenglen

Reaction score
3G/LTE auto switch

Droid 4 user here...

Lately I have been keeping my phone in 3G only mode since the battery drains so fast on 4G.

However, when i'm using the car dock I would like to have 4G turn on (so streaming would be faster, etc.).

How about a smart action that automatically turns on the 4G radio when docked or plugged in??

Or are there any other options available?? I have a 4G switch app but they are a PITA and I can't find one that does it in one simple step.

lifeisgood

Reaction score
I for one would like having a priority setting in Smart Actions. For example, if there were two active smart actions with conflicting actions, you could set which one takes precedence over the other.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First I would like to have an app be a trigger. For example I usually keep my phones on minimal brightness but when I watch Netflix I always have to go in to setting Nd manually adjust the brightness. I would like to set Netflix as a trigger that turns the brightness up when I start to app. Not sure if that is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chocula78

Reaction score
Droid 4 user here...

Lately I have been keeping my phone in 3G only mode since the battery drains so fast on 4G.

However, when i'm using the car dock I would like to have 4G turn on (so streaming would be faster, etc.).

How about a smart action that automatically turns on the 4G radio when docked or plugged in??

Or are there any other options available?? I have a 4G switch app but they are a PITA and I can't find one that does it in one simple step.

I strongly second a 3G/LTE smart action. I'd like to turn off 4G when my battery drops below 20% capacity.

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all these great suggestions! I have passed along these ideas to the Smart Actions team.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Add me to the list wanting a "not" or "default" action. I want to be able to define settings for when I am NOT currently in a situation that would cause a trigger to activate.

I came to Smart Actions after using Locale on my D1 for years. The way they let you prioritize actions was great. I'd like to add another vote for that ability as well.

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I have captured "not", "default," and "prioritization." Got it!

Do you have a particular use case for the "Not" condition? Then I can go back to the team and explain to them.

Sirrom

Reaction score
I have a RAZR which recently upgraded to ICS [4.0.4 and Screen Action ver. 3.1.5.1.2] I used SA extensively under 2.3.6, but now with 4.0.4 there is no "Keep Screen On" option under settings. At work my RAZR sits in a dock so I can see the clock and quickly hit mute if I'm listening to music or an audio book. Even with Developer Options / Stay Awake, the screen goes dark after 10 minutes, though the setting only works while on a charger. Imagine trying to navigate your car and having the screen go black.

Long story short; I'd like Smart Actions to override ICS and force Keep Screen On for some of my Smart Action profiles. I want to be able to set "Screen Timeout" to "Never", for certain actions.

pookie

Reaction score
Sirrom said:
I have a RAZR which recently upgraded to ICS [4.0.4 and Screen Action ver. 3.1.5.1.2] I used SA extensively under 2.3.6, but now with 4.0.4 there is no "Keep Screen On" option under settings. At work my RAZR sits in a dock so I can see the clock and quickly hit mute if I'm listening to music or an audio book. Even with Developer Options / Stay Awake, the screen goes dark after 10 minutes, though the setting only works while on a charger. Imagine trying to navigate your car and having the screen go black.

Long story short; I'd like Smart Actions to override ICS and force Keep Screen On for some of my Smart Action profiles. I want to be able to set "Screen Timeout" to "Never", for certain actions.

Ditto ditto ditto!!!!!