SM-T2105 Galaxy Tab Kids - Corrupted USB Connection

freekey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-T2105
Monday, 13 October, 2014 04:44:05 PM - SM-T2105 Galaxy Tab Kids - Corrupted USB Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all.

I've spent almost the full 2 days looking for solution of this but to no avail.

My tablet is using 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

I owned the SM-T2105 Galaxy Tab Kids rooted. Then suddenly I was thinking to move all my apps to SD card. Trying and trying, finally I realized that I need to make separate partitions on the SD card first.

So I one of the solutions I found on the internet told me to make that partition using the PC. Then I am interested to connect my device as mass storage instead of the default MTP connection. So I found this - SG USB Mass Storage Enabler - Android Apps on Google Play

Without reading any further, I quickly installed it and turn on the mass storage function. But to no avail. My PC can't recognized the tablet anymore since then. Immediately, I quickly uninstalled that app and looking for another app. But still the same problem.

So finally I am stucked with "connected as an installer" whenever I connect the tablet to my PC. And the worst thing that, I cannot change it back to MTP/Camera transfer mode i.e. my tablet would immediately reboot! I was totally intensed since then. After trying and trying, I still cannot find the solution.

Then I thought a firmware upgrade will do. So i install the latest firmware for SM-T2105 - T2105ZHAND2 from here - Firmwares SamMobile I also rooted it again then.

But still the problem persist. I also end up using the ADB terminal from my PC to issue the
Code:
su
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
reboot
But still the same problem. My device would restart immediately after issuing the command.

I have also found somewhere this code but the issue is I cannot find that /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/ path on the tablet:
Code:
Mass Storage Mode
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
echo /dev/block/vold/179:33 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

Return to MTP
#!/system/bin/sh
echo "" > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file vold 
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
This /sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage but no lun folder inside. Only nluns file is sound
So I am really stressed with this. Can someone here please help me out?

Besides of all those issues, turning off the Developer Options/USB Debugging would also make it restart on the spot.

Factory reset would be my last choice.

I was expecting something like system files update or something. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum freekey!
Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable members can give you a hand. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
F

freekey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-T2105
Thanks mod..

So any experts here? Really feel bad about this :(