sluggish DX

shari'sdroid

Reaction score
Hi everone,
I just went and picked up my new droid X Saturday. I'm having issues with the screen being sluggish you tap on a widget and it does nothing or it's very slow. Even going between screens it won't move. After trying a few times it will eventually work. Is anyone else having this problem I'm almost tempted to take it back and get the samsung fascinate. I hope I haven't made a mistake. I'm a former Droid 1 user.

Shari'sdroid

Daali

Reaction score
Hi everone,
I just went and picked up my new droid X Saturday. I'm having issues with the screen being sluggish you tap on a widget and it does nothing or it's very slow. Even going between screens it won't move. After trying a few times it will eventually work. Is anyone else having this problem I'm almost tempted to take it back and get the samsung fascinate. I hope I haven't made a mistake. I'm a former Droid 1 user.

Shari'sdroid

something is running in the background i would imagine. If it were my phone I would clear cache first. If that didn't work, I would factory reset. If that didn't work, I would take it back, since it was just stock =)

the5barrons

Reaction score
Clear cache, check settings, look in the mirror and do a self check on how you use the phone. Lots of app-bouncing after a while...expect some sluggish back and forth. Never reboot the phone? That'll do it too. we could go into it further, but you' ve only had the phone since saturday and probbably don't want to hear my solution for it anyways.

If you can't deal, get a Fascinate.

accellpo

Reaction score
No that's not normal at all! Just reboot it. If that doesn't work try a factory reset. Also, what apps did you download? Any task killers? They can cause these type of issues if you don't know how to use them.

OP
shari'sdroid

shari'sdroid

Reaction score
Im only using the same apps that I used on my droid 1. I don't use any task killers don't need to with the droid x..also I've done the reboot. It seems that when the screen is cold (been idle for awhile is when it happens)
Sharisdroid

the5barrons

Reaction score
How about this?

Let me/us know what you're running. You could have 35 apps your running and ran on your droid I.

It's not entirely typical that a new X from Verizon is gonna have slug issues in four days. Obviously, it could happen, but it's probably something you've done, not done, or some thing that got installed on it. If it's enough to make you want to go get a fascinate than yeah...you need tell more than the generalities.

OP
shari'sdroid

shari'sdroid

Reaction score
I do have several apps on my phone which I had on my D1 with no problem. I did remove Flikie wallpaper and it seems that it may of helped. Installed apps are terra time, flash player 10.1,weather& toggle wiget handcent,feedR news reader, weatherbug elite, IRT calendar easy diaper preium tweetcaster sCar,ring manager widget,amazon.com, mabilo ringtones. Also removed mabilo wallpaper. I also have several more apps installed.
Shari'sdroid

the5barrons

Reaction score
Well, I'd say that the well of up front on board memory is not endless. If your dx is accessing lots of appsand whatever else you're doing with it, some sluggishness might be expected at times. Good luck figuring it out...

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

cpjr

Reaction score
Dont really understand how removing an app like Flickie wallpaper could have done anything to help the phone run better.

Ok, actually....I know it has nothing to do with it.

OP
shari'sdroid

shari'sdroid

Reaction score
I took my phone to my local verizon store and I found out that the phone was defective. They gave me a new droid x and everything's working great. Thanks for all of the input on my problem.
Shari'sdroid