Slow GPS lock, flakey 4G

di0de

Reaction score
So I think my patience is caving, it's time to fix this phone. For those on 232, did you have to reinstall apps? I have root on my phone on 905, any advice/best practices before I pull the trigger? I'm using Titanium Backup as well. Thanks!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I wiped cache immediately prior to installing 232, and all my apps and data were transferred without a hitch. 4g is solid as ever on ICS as well. I must say I have pleasantly forgotten about the flaky days! GPS has been behaving normally for me as well. If you want to protect root, voodoo is supposed to work, thought I don't have personal experience, otherwise razr's edge is the root method after you are on 232.

Tonik

Reaction score
ICS won't fix your GPS lock issue. The phone GPS works fine...it is Google Maps/Latitude/etc that is having GPS issues. Very widespread accross many Android phones....there is an acknowledged by Google bug report on it for Android. If you uninstall the updates for google maps it will be much much better. It was the update from google that enabled map caching that caused the problem. Not saying it is the map caching...just that it the problem is in that update. You can prove this to yourself, download GPS Status and fire it up. It will lock in a couple of seconds...then when you start Goggle Maps it will lock instantly because it is using the exiting lock from GPS Status.

Yes ICS has fixed the 4G issues for dang near everyone as close as I can tell. Certainly has for me.

And if this is the first leak you have installed...it is just like any other update. You copy it to your SD boot into recovery and apply the update. No app reinstall needed.

wseyller

Reaction score
Going to ics fixed my gps issues that i had on 905. On 232 right now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

di0de

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Sounds like it's time to upgrade, I want to be able to love my phone again..

OP
D

di0de

Reaction score
Upgraded phone, runs great! Amazing how much better ICS runs, should have done this long ago.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fold. The next thing to do is delete the tracking software built into the script. Search for "If you're on ICS." It deals with a file called bug2go.