Slooooow internet

beatmatched

Reaction score
Hey all thunderbolters, ok so heres the issue im getting 3g and occasionally 4g but my internet is very slow. I updated my phone aboit two weeks ago and i was having the problem before that. I cleared out all unused apps cleared out all the unwanted media from sd card. Any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Get the app "speedtest.net." Run a speed test and post your results so we can further analyze this, "slow 4g."

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
B

beatmatched

Reaction score
So i ran it heres the results ping was 306 download was 86 upload was 46

Insidious

Reaction score
Hmmm, that certainly is pretty bad. My guess is that they switched the tower's signal direction. I have a similar issue where the tower 1 mile away from my house gives signal in the opposite direction of my house, so I end up pulling from a tower 11 miles away, thus giving me atrocious speed. I'd try calling customer support and asking them if this is the case.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
B

beatmatched

Reaction score
Ill definitly give them a call im in a very populated area so hopefully im not the only one with this problem.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I had only 1x for a few days so I called verizon and they had me pull the sim card while they reset something. 15min phone call and I'm back on 4g now... Good luck

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

johnd09

Reaction score
Pulling the battery and SIM for 10 minutes or so might be a good idea. Sometimes the phone just needs to get off the network a while.

Sent from my Transformer Prime That Is Taking Over the world.