Not happy with the Thunderbolt....

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Yeah, I will not lie about the phone. If they swap it out then that is good, if not I will go to HTC. By the way, how would I go about doing that? Would a bad SIM card or cause this and maybe the phone is fine or could the SIM card have been activated improperly?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I did the factory reset twice last night and no change. Still took over 2 min to download the Droid forums app. It took my wife's mytouch about 3 seconds! Well at least I have an NE2 upgrade available but I was waiting to see what comes out this summer....I was trying to save that jewel! In esscence I only paid $100 for my T-bolt. I paid $400 for it and sold my DX for $300!

Milew

Reaction score
Well, if you bought it from a friend at work...could he not go in with it and swap it for you. Might be a chore for him...but beer or dinner would buy my time.

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
^ I wish I could do that but I travel for my job and this coworker happens to be stationed in CA and I am in VA.

joewilly013

Reaction score
I did the factory reset twice last night and no change. Still took over 2 min to download the Droid forums app. It took my wife's mytouch about 3 seconds! Well at least I have an NE2 upgrade available but I was waiting to see what comes out this summer....I was trying to save that jewel! In esscence I only paid $100 for my T-bolt. I paid $400 for it and sold my DX for $300!

Have you tried WiFi- any different results? Have you tried SpeedTest- results? Have you tried forcing the phone from ehrpd mode to Evdo rev a mode (described in other threads)?

joewilly013

Reaction score

Have you tried WiFi- any different results? Have you tried SpeedTest- results? Have you tried forcing the phone from ehrpd mode to Evdo rev a mode (described in other threads)?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
op see if you can go to a vzw corporate store and swap out your sim card and reactivate it.

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score

I don't know what al that means....except the speed testand switching to wifi.....which I will try when I get home. It was 376 kbps download. The second time was 786 kbps.....this is on 3g.

joewilly013

Reaction score

I don't know what al that means....except the speed testand switching to wifi.....which I will try when I get home. It was 376 kbps download. The second time was 786 kbps.....this is on 3g.

See the following thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136484

Problems with 3G data? Don't hard reset, read this first!

Try changing to Rev A mode as described in this thread, and see what effect that has. Also, depending on your network area, you may want to shut off 4g completely (using the Phone Info app or something similar, which is also described in some threads).

Even in non 4g areas, there still appear to be "handoff issues" with 3g when the phone is in ehrpd mode- setting the phone to rev A seems to solve these issues (although it also means no simultaneous data/voice)

LOFTIS

Reaction score
Hey guys. Mine is slow and laggy too. I am also having a huge issue with the GPS. I replaced the first one with a brand new one that was doing the same thing, i.e. telling me I am in a different city and time zone. The HTC clock widget on my incredible was flawless. The one on the T-bolt is awful. It is constantly incorrect. Anyone heard of these problems

funkyb

Reaction score
Hey guys. Mine is slow and laggy too. I am also having a huge issue with the GPS. I replaced the first one with a brand new one that was doing the same thing, i.e. telling me I am in a different city and time zone. The HTC clock widget on my incredible was flawless. The one on the T-bolt is awful. It is constantly incorrect. Anyone heard of these problems

You need to remove those locations yourself. The widget can track multiple locations...user error.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Click the plus sign at bottom and then add your zip code. I have my hometown listed first, so that always shows up when I open the weather widget. I also have Boston, New York, and Orlando, that I can scroll thru.