seriously considering going back to 'regular' x

mumfrey

Reaction score
i replaced my broken x with this x2. very unhappy with it. i thought it would have to be better, especially with dual core. this thing is considerably slower and laggy compared to my x. games are painfully slow and very laggy whereas they worked perfectly on the x. i average at least 1 battery pull a day after locking up. never an issue with the x. even watching vids i've taken is a mess, very sluggish and choppy sometimes, other times not. not happy with this phone at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
i replaced my broken x with this x2. very unhappy with it. i thought it would have to be better, especially with dual core. this thing is considerably slower and laggy compared to my x. games are painfully slow and very laggy whereas they worked perfectly on the x. i average at least 1 battery pull a day after locking up. never an issue with the x. even watching vids i've taken is a mess, very sluggish and choppy sometimes, other times not. not happy with this phone at all.

I returned my x2 for an incredible2. The Verizon rep looked at me like i was insane. We have become obsessed with CPUs, software and ram matter too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Zetsumei

Reaction score
My stock rooted X2 runs circles around my friends X that has a custom ROM + OC. There is more than enough RAM on the X2 I have 100-160 ish free at all times with everything installed. The only thing bogging this phone down right now is the crappy blur. But there have been some articles stating that Moto is releasing devices with no more locked bootloaders, and they are working to unlock current devices. If that is true hello AOSP pznerd.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
My stock rooted X2 runs circles around my friends X that has a custom ROM + OC. There is more than enough RAM on the X2 I have 100-160 ish free at all times with everything installed. The only thing bogging this phone down right now is the crappy blur. But there have been some articles stating that Moto is releasing devices with no more locked bootloaders, and they are working to unlock current devices. If that is true hello AOSP pznerd.
How can you have so much free ram? i had so little,the phone wasnt able to even get a text while playing music without skipping...I returned my X2,I dont think it has the 1/2GB or ram its supposed to,I had numerous issues with mine,including constant freezing,laggy performance,charge indicator that didnt work while charging....skipping,popping music player.The phone would overheat for no reason,I even uninstalled flash,hoping it would help,and it didnt.Navigation wasnt reliable,it ran me in circles 3x in 5 days,never figured out why.Terrible gallery,couldnt take HD videos without cutting out or freezing,video playback was terrible,screen color issues,many colors didnt even show up.I did 4 factory resets in 13 days,the only way the phone ran somewhat fast was with only 3-4 apps loaded,(you know in addition to the 20+ verizon shoved down our throats,that I dont want).My HDMI mirror function didnt work,the phone would freeze ,requiring a battery pull within 30 seconds of using HDMI mirror....I wish Moto had fixed the phone before releasing it...I compared it side by side to my X running rubix 2.0 blurry,OC to 1.1GHZ,the X was faster in every area,exc with web browsing on wifi,and taking pictures,the x2 was faster,however the quality was much worse than the X.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
How can you have so much free ram? i had so little,the phone wasnt able to even get a text while playing music without skipping...I returned my X2,I dont think it has the 1/2GB or ram its supposed to,I had numerous issues with mine,including constant freezing,laggy performance,charge indicator that didnt work while charging....skipping,popping music player.The phone would overheat for no reason,I even uninstalled flash,hoping it would help,and it didnt.Navigation wasnt reliable,it ran me in circles 3x in 5 days,never figured out why.Terrible gallery,couldnt take HD videos without cutting out or freezing,video playback was terrible,screen color issues,many colors didnt even show up.I did 4 factory resets in 13 days,the only way the phone ran somewhat fast was with only 3-4 apps loaded,(you know in addition to the 20+ verizon shoved down our throats,that I dont want).My HDMI mirror function didnt work,the phone would freeze ,requiring a battery pull within 30 seconds of using HDMI mirror....I wish Moto had fixed the phone before releasing it...I compared it side by side to my X running rubix 2.0 blurry,OC to 1.1GHZ,the X was faster in every area,exc with web browsing on wifi,and taking pictures,the x2 was faster,however the quality was much worse than the X.

Root the X2 and run the v6 Super Charger script with the following values: 6/12/75/125/150/175. I pretty much have 100+ MB of RAM free at all times, highest I've seen 160 +.

MrWilliams

Reaction score
I did the same with V6 supercharger and have had the same experience. I don't think I've seen mine with less than 100MB of available RAM since.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
ok, this is no longer a consideration. the x2 is going back to vzn first thing in the morning. i've given this thing more than enough time to make an impression on me and the impression is anything but good. up to at least 2 battery pulls a day now due to freezing. horrible lag time for games and choppy video. now it won't hold a solid 3g connection. constantly jumping between 3g and 1x, with almost half the time in 1x. these are the same exact places that my x would never falter from 3g. also have noticed that the battery lasts a fraction of what the x would. i appreciate everyones suggestions of tuning this but i can't see jumping tbrough hoops and downloading multiple apps to get this to function as it should out of the box. hoping vzn still has a new x available when i unload this worthless brick tomorrow.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
i'm starting to believe so. just now i unplugged it from the charger and it still thinks it's charging. so done with this thing. i'm still afraid to just replace it with another x2. still think i'm going to attempt to get another x.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
ok, so I now believe that I did have a defective unit. I returned the possessed x2 and got another and I have to say the difference is night and day. Right out of the box this one was noticeably quicker and none of the problems I had before have surfaced yet. Still want to mess with it more and flex it a bit before I totally sign off on it but its looking much better so far.

Last edited:

whodidthis

Reaction score
Good to hear that..hope phone works for u.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
ok, the new x2 has more than proven itself. absolutely love this thing and couldn't be happier. glad the vzn guy talked me into trying a new unit. first was most definitely defective. 2 thumbs up for the x2 here. now just waiting for my trident kraken case to show up to complete this beast. now just have to wait for the 2.3 rollout....

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I love motorola. They often get such a bad rep because of blur, but every motorola phone I've had has been built extremely solid and I don't anticipate changing brands unless their quality starts to decline. AOSP roms are great, but after installing an alternate launcher, im just as happy with my full blur droid pro.