Slide lock and pattern lock not working?

Algae998

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently, the slide to unlock and pattern lock have stopped working on my D2. I have them enabled and have the lock to set when the screen turns off. When I hit the power button, it shows the home page without any unlock screen.
I tried downloading 'screen off and lock' from the app store, it goes through the motions of turning the screen off, then pops right back on.
The pattern lock and slide lock will only appear if the phone has been sitting idle for 10-15 minutes, sometimes it never turns on.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Dang.. Apple's lawyers work faster then before. Another injunction.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
..?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Apple is in the process of suing for patents on the "slide to unlock" feature, or they already have but I lose track.

Anyway, in the spirit of trying to help, have you rebooted your phone? Also, are you running any custom ROMs or MODs of any type?

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Apple is in the process of suing for patents on the "slide to unlock" feature, or they already have but I lose track.

Anyway, in the spirit of trying to help, have you rebooted your phone? Also, are you running any custom ROMs or MODs of any type?

Ahh, I see..lame.
I have restarted my phone (power on/off) but have not tried a factory reset or anything like that. I have a more or less stock phone, no custom roms and mods.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well before you try a reset or anything like that, have you downloaded any new apps recently? Maybe one of them is messing with your phone due to incompatibility or a setting somewhere along the way.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Well before you try a reset or anything like that, have you downloaded any new apps recently? Maybe one of them is messing with your phone due to incompatibility or a setting somewhere along the way.

I havent downloaded any new apps within at least a week or two, except for the power off and lock app, which I uninstalled since it was not working. I'll try a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I havent downloaded any new apps within at least a week or two, except for the power off and lock app, which I uninstalled since it was not working. I'll try a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

Let me know how it goes. Wish I had some more ideas but every time I had anything like that happen a reboot always fixed it.