Slick Android-Powered Cyber Goggles from Oakley

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;1-p8Iw_LpXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1-p8Iw_LpXg[/video]
The video above is from Phandroid.com

This isn't exactly news that is directly related to this site, but we thought it was cool enough to share with you guys regardless. If you just can't wait for a set of Android-Powered Project Glass Google Goggles, and you have quite a bit of cash to burn, then Oakley has a fairly impressive simulacrum of that yet to be launched device. They are a set of high-teck goggles for skiers called the Airwave, and they retail for $599.99. While that price is a tough pill to swallow, the features are cutting edge. The Airwave googles can directly link to your Android device and offer a sharp-looking heads up display (HUD). Here's a quote with some more details, and a video above of the very "cyberpunk" looking goggles.

Essentially, the screen inside the goggles is placed close enough to your eye that it gives the appearance of a 14-inch monitor being viewed from 5 feet away. Live feeds include location, speed, distance, incoming calls, messages, music playlists, altitude and more.

As noted above, the Airwave goggles pair to the Android device in your pocket via a Bluetooth app. Oh, and yes, other than the high-tech Android goodness inside the goggles, the device is also paired with high-quality Oakley anti-fog lenses, lightweight construction, and moisture wicking materials capable of surviving the elements.

Just imagine what sort of cool tech we will see in just a couple more years!

Source: TGDaily

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, I see these as being quite useful for avid snowboarders/skiers, etc. Wonder how well they work.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those are way too cool for fruit-booters. Boarders only =p

Okay, so who owes me $10 for my prediction that Oakley would be connected with Google's glass tech?dancedroid

Also makes me wonder if we have this, what does the military have?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Also makes me wonder if we have this, what does the military have?

Way cooler and harder stuff let me tell you ;-)

But I wouldn't mind having this for skiing.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2