Skype for HTC Thunderbolt Available for Download

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
skype-video-thunderbolt1.jpg

Back in January we got a preview of Skype video chat working on an HTC Thunderbolt at CES, but for the last several months many of us have been twiddling our thumbs, wishing we could use it. It looks like we finally get our wish. According to reports, the Skype video chat works flawlessly on 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi, with excellent video quality, but only on the HTC Thunderbolt. Here are some download links:

com.skypevideo.apk
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Thanks to Droid-Life for this one!

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to successfully use this? I just tried and it kept hanging up on the person the first second they answered

dajogejr

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to successfully use this? I just tried and it kept hanging up on the person the first second they answered

Yep...
Tested twice yesterday with one bar and 3 bars of LTE service (Metro Detroit) PC to my phone.

It worked awesome. Of course there was the 1 second lag on both ends...but I don't know if you ever get around that....

I tried it with a PC @ Work on a T1 (1.5up/down) and home with Uverse (12D/1.5UP) and it was flawless.

I then preceded to remove Yahoo Messenger from phone and PC...:)

gwtwin

Reaction score
Is this officials? I'm a newby and when you try to download files it is the warning

jseah

Reaction score
Installed yesterday on two Thunderbolts without a hitch. Skype to Skype video works fine over 3G as well, albeit extremely choppy.

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Hello there all, I'm an extreme newb. I just picked up a TB and coming from a black berry this phone is sweet. Although I am running into some issues. I keep getting parsing errors and I am not able to install Skype.

How do you install Skype (.apk files)? When I use the TB I am able to download the file, .apk. I've gone into setting and allowed (checked the box) install of unknown sources. However every time I click the completed download I get the parsing error.

Been searching for a bit and I am not having much luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You!
Joe

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Used Skype for the first time today, it worked great! Thanks for the download info. Thunderbolt is the bomb! For now.

Houston Thunderbolt!!