Skype advice and tips

josel545

Reaction score
Idk if this is in the right forum category so srry if it isn't. But my question is how do you connect with someone from a different country on skype and does it cost anything since its out of country. Im not very familiar with skype and how it works. But ill really appreciate any tips
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe you have to set up a Skype account on a computer first. For international calling, you'll need to purchase Skype Points there. Keep in mind that you can text internationally for free but I am unsure if they come off of your text allowance from VZW.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
J

josel545

Reaction score
I already have a skype account set up. I just don't know how to connect with the person when I try to talk to them via international calling. I don't believe it should be a problem with messaging if you have unlmtd messaging

squeege

Reaction score
If you are messaging to a mobile phone skype charges per message. If the person you are calling has skype on their computer or on their phone and you call their skype account directly the call is free. If you call a phone there is per minute costs. Calls to mobile are often more expensive then calls to landline.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
When you set up skype on your phone and you have an account it will ask you if you wish to use skype as your primary for international calls, also when those same skype callers call, you don't get the per-minute charge off your minutes, because they are in your skype. Sync your contacts to your skype account when you setup too, its so easy.

Just be sure you have a paid account or your phone will tell you that you "will" be charged @ international rates. I love the portability of skype on my droid, one of the main reasons for getting this sweet baby!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App