Site Suggestion

Grabraham

Reaction score
I searched (Even googled ;) ) I think many users would find a glossary helpful (possibly stickied in the FAQ section?). The longer you play with these things and post and read here the more out of touch you are with the fact that someone who bought their Droid yesterday and found the site today is going to get completely lost when they read-
I did the nandroid rather than the sprecovery and now every-time I choose a LWP it FCs!!!

a post that defines all these terms and applications we refer to without thinking would probably help a bunch of folks understand some of the posts :heart:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think that's kinda what the forum sub-sections are for...and search.

A glossary for THIS forum would be SO huge, that you'd end up having to use a search function to find something in it...and all threads would be categorized as they are when you click "Forum" at the top of the screen.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The longer you play with these things and post and read here the more out of touch you are with the fact that someone who bought their Droid yesterday and found the site today is going to get completely lost when they read-
I did the nandroid rather than the sprecovery and now every-time I choose a LWP it FCs!!!
True, but someone who just bought a Droid probably shouldn't be messing with anything mentioned (without more understanding on the matters which naturally comes with more reading on them) except maybe the LWP's. :D

In anything, it takes time to pick up the lingo. It can all be picked up from context in my experience. None of us started at day 1 as experts and it's crazy to expect otherwise. Take it all in small bites. You can't expect to understand everything all at once and that goes for much more in life than just using the Droid.

a post that defines all these terms and applications we refer to without thinking would probably help a bunch of folks understand some of the posts :heart:
Care to volunteer? That's usually the issue when something like that doesn't exist.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Aren't a lot of the terms explained in the "how to root/what is root" type threads anyway?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk