Siriusxm stops after 30 minutes of playing

flyingvee

Reaction score
Noob here.
this is my first smartphone.
I bought this back in Jan 2012 and I downloaded the siriusxm app from MArket.
Since day one it only plays for 30 minutes. I have to tap on the icon and it then automatically logs me back on and starts playing again.
I called sirius support and they said they never heard of this on a razr....they suggested calling Verizon. I did and they checked my settings..all was good...SO NOW WHAT??
I have the latest droid v2.3.6

Thanks
Vic
PS sorry if I didnt follow the intro first. :-(

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Are there any settings within the app to keep it running in the background? Open the app and press the menu key and see what options there are in settings.

OP
flyingvee

flyingvee

Reaction score
Yes, I always run it in the background as "minimized". The options are: minimized, close menu, and exit. The main settings show options for unsubcribe channels, autoplay on/off, zoom, and logout...thats about it. :-(
btw - Thanks for the quick reply! :)

themuttt

Reaction score
are you sure it's not cell issues? my Sirius app was doing the same thing this morning on my Bionic and it was the 3G/4G swap acting flaky. This seems to happen whenever new markets are coming online for 4G. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app just to try

OP
flyingvee

flyingvee

Reaction score
I use this at my home office, so im using my high speed wireless at my house (50 mps using "N" wireless router) and not the 4G LTE cell network.
I've uninstalled and re installed multiple times already.....still no luck.
Im wondering if there is a timeout setting on the phone? The sits on my desk undisturbed (no movement) and after 30 minutes....it stops playing.
I pick it up, tap on the siriusxm icon and it automaticaly logs back on and starts playing again. I then pull up the menu and again minimize it and set it down on my desk...for yet another 30 minutes! lol

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can check default settings for screen on. Or leave it plugged in and set it up to stay awake while charging.settings/apps/development

themuttt

Reaction score
this just hit me this morning, it may be Moto's power management. If my Bionic runs Pandora for too long without being plugged in (does not do this when I have it in the car dock), a pop up will come up saying it has been running for 45 minutes and do I want to shut it down. Could this be happening to your RAZR but you are just not seeing it so it shuts the app down?

OP
flyingvee

flyingvee

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I will try the settings to stay awake. I always plug it into my laptop's docking station so it can stay charged up while im listeing to the XM app. You might have a point there themutt concerning running too long and then going off....but...all my other functions still work like phone calls, text messages, weather alerts, and email notifications...only the xm app goes off.

I now have the settings changed to stay awake while charging.
I will keep you posted!!
You guys ROCK!! :)

OP
flyingvee

flyingvee

Reaction score
OK, I tried the settings to keep the screen active while charging. It didnt help, it still stops playing after 30 minutes. :-(