Single core swan song

darkmatter

Reaction score
So the tbolt is pretty much it for single core, eh?

For single core phones, it looks to me like the tbolt might be its final, shining, hour. And if the unlocked bootloader rumor is true...(or at least I think I read that xda said it was as open as nexus/droid)

It would make sense for it to be unlocked. We've seen how much longer the og droid has lasted than expected because of the openness, it would be logical for the tbolt to continue to be competitive with dual core phones by being open to the dev community.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not sure if the makers of the phone want their users to mod their phones. I'm not sure if Moto planned on the OG Droid to have such large support for flashing, but I don't believe that was their intent.

As for last single core phones I don't think it will be. I think there will be more new models with single cores coming out and saving the dual core for their "top end" phones

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Ah, yea, I see what your saying. However, do you think development will continue on single core devices? Or is the tbolt as good as its gonna get?

Certainly from this point, I doubt there will be any more single core flagship models.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I saw the droid 3, x2, and incredible 2 will all be single core 3g only phones so single core isn't done yet

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I saw the droid 3, x2, and incredible 2 will all be single core 3g only phones so single core isn't done yet

The DX2 and D3 will be dual core, not sure on the Inc2. But yes they will be 3g only.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
I certainly hope d3 is dual core. If not, I might give consideration to the xperia pro. Hell, I might still think about xperia pro if d3 is too far out from release.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I certainly hope d3 is dual core. If not, I might give consideration to the xperia pro. Hell, I might still think about xperia pro if d3 is too far out from release.

Looks like Q2 for the DX2 and D3....don't quote me though ;)

Sent from somewhere...