Since it's been a couple weeks now, how are your 800mhz Droids holding up?

jrl9851

Reaction score
I really want to do this, but I also can't afford to buy a brand new phone if the cpu melts which is why I'm a little hesitant. For those doing this, any complaints?

gentlefury

Reaction score
I really want to do this, but I also can't afford to buy a brand new phone if the cpu melts which is why I'm a little hesitant. For those doing this, any complaints?

Been running great for me, no problems no complaints.

I have mine set to drop to stock 550 if the battery is below 30% and that happened last night and MAN could I feel it!

SoCalMiles

Reaction score
Same here...was skeptical myself....but after a week with no problems I bumped it up to 950 so yeah things are good

Elysian

Reaction score
Same here...was skeptical myself....but after a week with no problems I bumped it up to 950 so yeah things are good

I was at 1ghz for a day, but too many Force Closes of the browser I brought it down to 900. Still get Force Closes, much less frequently though. I'm gonna do some surgery and see if there isn't something I can do to enhance the cooling.

tony1208

Reaction score
my google maps no worky grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

busab

Reaction score
I've been at 800mhz for a few days now with no problem. I did have it set to 900 MHz with no problems but I couldn't really tell the difference between 800 and 900 so I'm just going to keep it at 800 to save some battery.

wil318466

Reaction score

I'm at 800 for a few days, and its perfect.

The Droid should have really been shipped at this speed. Dunno what they were thinking. I guess they had valid reason, I guess. Who knows. Maybe the Droid/Android developers should all come to these forums and learn how to really interface their OS with their hardware. Think about if all these options were available in the stock OS? Color schemes/themes, higher clock speeds..uhh..wifi tethering. (lol)

Take the plunge. You won't regret it. And forget Bugless Beast, go with the smoked glass blue rom.

As soon as *ONE* post comes up about someone frying their Droid at 800mhz, trust me there will be a mad rush of the 2.01 stock download.

-Wil

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Are you guys using bugless beast? If you wouldn't mind, please post the guide you used to do this.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
The reason all this is getting confusing and I haven't done it yet is because I hear bugless beast, sholes, etc. and I have no idea if these work together or if you choose one.

D

dman91

Are you guys using bugless beast? If you wouldn't mind, please post the guide you used to do this.
Here's a quick and easy guide for Bugless Beast.
Easy Step by Step guide to installing: Bugless Beast - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I just bought my Droid on 1/24/10, rooted it yesterday and overclocked it today using that guide. My Droid is smoother/faster now (was smooth with stock anyway). The main reason I rooted/overclocked was because of the browser lag in stock 2.0.1. I couldn't put up with it so i decided to take the plunge and so far it's as "smooth as butter".:)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score