Replacing my Charge: should I get a Rezound or Razor, or wiat for to see whats coming

BindiBoop

Reaction score
I have had it with my Charge. I have had nothing but problems with this phone, and now I am having VERY SLOW data speed. By slow I mean anywhere from .03 to .66 Mbps during the day. Of course, when I walk into the Verizon store, It jumps to .75-1.45 instantly. WTF... I am not close the the 2GB that will put me at the top 5% of unlimited users (which I am), and Verizon can't explain the slow data speed. I am not in a 4G area, so this is strictly 3G. I recently read about a couple new rumored phones coming out in the spring, but since I purchased the Charge before anyone had a chance to figure out how bad it sucked, I am a little hesitant to jump right into newly released phone. I have been interested in the Rezound for a while now, it seems like the best and fastest phone out right now (I wont buy another Samsung), but the sales guy at Verizon said he thinks the Razor is better because they never come back and there are few complaints. Data speed is most important to me since I need quick access to the internet, and the Razor has the same size processor (1.2) as the Charge. A good camera is second, since my phone is my only camera. Battery life is not really important since I have access to a charger pretty much always. So, I would appreciate any input about which phone really would be faster and pros/cons of each. thanks

305rev305

Reaction score
If you don't want a Samsung Nexus and battery is not a major concern, then get a regular razr.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you checked out any of the newer phones? Instead of going by the employees opinion that the razr is better why not check it out yourself, after you're going to be the one using the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of the three super phones on Verizon, but if battery isn't a concern at all for you then you might wanna go with the Rezound.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

loki993

Reaction score
I have had it with my Charge. I have had nothing but problems with this phone, and now I am having VERY SLOW data speed. By slow I mean anywhere from .03 to .66 Mbps during the day. Of course, when I walk into the Verizon store, It jumps to .75-1.45 instantly. WTF... I am not close the the 2GB that will put me at the top 5% of unlimited users (which I am), and Verizon can't explain the slow data speed. I am not in a 4G area, so this is strictly 3G. I recently read about a couple new rumored phones coming out in the spring, but since I purchased the Charge before anyone had a chance to figure out how bad it sucked, I am a little hesitant to jump right into newly released phone. I have been interested in the Rezound for a while now, it seems like the best and fastest phone out right now (I wont buy another Samsung), but the sales guy at Verizon said he thinks the Razor is better because they never come back and there are few complaints. Data speed is most important to me since I need quick access to the internet, and the Razor has the same size processor (1.2) as the Charge. A good camera is second, since my phone is my only camera. Battery life is not really important since I have access to a charger pretty much always. So, I would appreciate any input about which phone really would be faster and pros/cons of each. thanks

First, processor size, or speed Im betting you meant, has nearly nothing to do with data speeds. Secondly you cant compare the processor in the Charge to the one in the Razr, even if they're the same speed, which they're not I don't think, The Razr has a newer and more advanced processor. Not to mention its dual core and the Charge is single. Even running on one core at the same speed I bet the Razr would be faster. Basically there is no comparison. So don't even worry about that.

As for the actual data speeds, They're all going to be fast. They're all 4G. I've read that the Rezound may have a slight edge, but I dont really know for sure.

Other then that just go in and see which one you like the most. I dont really like the Razr because I thinks its a bit too thin and wide. Doesn't fit my had well. A case fixes the thinness issue, but its still a wide phone. Thats just me though.

tc1

Reaction score
Rezound

I had a moto razr and if wasn't a bad phone but the rezound is much better, and this is coming from a guy who hated the thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums