Simply Stunning 4.8 question.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not pushing for a theme, just curious.

I installed the ss4.8 with blue theme. (not the no theme one), so...if and when a black glass theme becomes available, will it be an issue to install right on top of the ss blue theme that I flashed from Chevy himself? OR will I need to flash to the no theme first...then apply the black glass theme?

droidmanac

Reaction score
It will be fine have been on SS since 3.1 and always put Black Glass right over it and works perfect every time. Thank you 928droid and chevy for your great work it has got me very involved with my phone and im starting to learn alot of the code TY

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I plan to compensate the Theme a little this time so it will look identical on either ROM install...that's the plan anyway :) I did download both 4.8 versions earlier so I can verify and adjust accordingly.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool, thats great news. I would rather have the blue theme than no theme until the 928 comes out. I love the black glass theme A LOT. dancedroid

rollo69

Reaction score
+1 on your Black Glass theme - killer job I was theme jumping till got yours.
Now have SS 4.8 as well and waiting for your theme.

Thank you 928Droid.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to include a different battery icon in the theme for 4.8 rather than the previous ones. I personally like the large battery icon that the chevy blue theme has (could be green though in black glass).

just a request. :)

akanealw

Reaction score
love the black glass as well. keeping my eye on your theming thread. great job!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I was wondering if it would be possible to include a different battery icon in the theme for 4.8 rather than the previous ones. I personally like the large battery icon that the chevy blue theme has (could be green though in black glass).

Yes, I had "greenized" the better icons in 4.6 and forgot to do it in 4.7, will try to remember to do it again for 4.8

mtz_gto

Reaction score

Yes, I had "greenized" the better icons in 4.6 and forgot to do it in 4.7, will try to remember to do it again for 4.8

Is your banana dancing with excitement Yakitori? lol :)

:icon_ banana:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
In case you guys didn't see this in the main Droid 1 Theme Thread..here is a quote from my post earlier today as to why the updates (including 4.8) aren't coming out as fast as I normally do.

I am in the middle of a complete file "enchancment" for the Droid 1, it took me over 100 hours to do the Droid X...but the end result saved up to 15mb in the system area...the Droid 1 Theme is smaller (DX/D2 Theme has 80 apks in it vs 43 or so in D1) so I hope to be finished this weekend. Once this complete and all the compression/enhancements are tested the new Themes will start flying out the door again. Themes for Stock ROMs will be updated first, then the Custom ROMs will follow that... As a guess I would hope to have Stock ROM Themes out tomorrow PM, and Custom ROM Themes starting Monday...

All of the work (and your wait) will be well worth it IMHO, the end results should be a smaller system footprint and a faster Droid :)

But it is tricky, some of the system apks don't like to be "squeezed" so I have to do extensive testing.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
In case you guys didn't see this in the main Droid 1 Theme Thread..here is a quote from my post earlier today as to why the updates (including 4.8) aren't coming out as fast as I normally do.

I am in the middle of a complete file "enchancment" for the Droid 1, it took me over 100 hours to do the Droid X...but the end result saved up to 15mb in the system area...the Droid 1 Theme is smaller (DX/D2 Theme has 80 apks in it vs 43 or so in D1) so I hope to be finished this weekend. Once this complete and all the compression/enhancements are tested the new Themes will start flying out the door again. Themes for Stock ROMs will be updated first, then the Custom ROMs will follow that... As a guess I would hope to have Stock ROM Themes out tomorrow PM, and Custom ROM Themes starting Monday...

All of the work (and your wait) will be well worth it IMHO, the end results should be a smaller system footprint and a faster Droid :)

But it is tricky, some of the system apks don't like to be "squeezed" so I have to do extensive testing.

I wouldn't call 15MB an "enchancment" but more of an overhaul... ;)
We understand and will wait patiently regardless of your agenda. :)
Keep up the good work 928!

Sent from my Simply Stunning 4.8 Droid 1 with BLAZING 1.25GHz speed using TapaTalkPro.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes sir. Patiently awaiting.

I have installed a new boot animation from the Chevy forum, and I was wondering if in the future when I use black glass....would I still be able to keep my boot animation? I could just replace the bootanimation.zip like normal. That would be top notch to have black glass with the SS boot animation I have.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
yes sir. Patiently awaiting.

I have installed a new boot animation from the Chevy forum, and I was wondering if in the future when I use black glass....would I still be able to keep my boot animation? I could just replace the bootanimation.zip like normal. That would be top notch to have black glass with the SS boot animation I have.

I try not to replace Custom Boot Animations...usually only do that if a stock "non Droid" Boot animation like the Nexus etc that was overused IMHO...can't resist that.

Joneser2006

Reaction score
928, the screenshots must have disappeared from the main them thread. Would you be able to post them again? Thx

(or, I just can't see them)