[ROM] SimplexROM|v0.3|BETA|6.14.84

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is the base for what I will be working on. I am making it available primarily for those that feel the uncontrollable need to flash something! ;) ... Of coarse as always, feedback is welcome! SimplexROM is just as it sounds(or will be). Simple, Solid, and lightly modded. I'm building this for my personal use but giving everyone else a chance to use it. It is as noted in the title built on the 6.14.84 ICS leak system and has only been tested on such! That is where I'm stuck at for now.... so thats where I'll be playing! lol.

- Disclaimer
DroidForums, myself, or any other party CANNOT be held responsible for what you decide to do. Modifying system files can lead to a damaged or comletely bricked device!!! Your phone! Your choice! Your responsibility!!!!

- Credits
Google - For the Android we play with.
Motorola - For fantastic hardware!
Nitroglycerin33 - For a few tips when I was stuck!!!
GunnerMike53 - For my server space!
Djuniah - For the Deodex while I was down! Quick work of it I may add..
P3Droid - For the sweet Moto Boot Animation!

-The Goods
The base of Simplex as it stands is Deodexed, Zipaligned , Png optimized, Debloated, with alot of removed Blur! I've removed what I could so far but plan on digging a little deeper. Some Blur apps have also been replaced with AOSP that I have compiled from source.

-Aosp Items: Gallery2, Email, Exchange, MMS, Calendar, CalendarProvider, DeskClock, GenieWidget, and Launcher2

-Init.d scripts are enabled!!! For those that want to start tweaking. I have not currently included any mod scripts.

-Build.prop Mods - dalvik.vm settings tweaked, power savers for deep sleep, max window events increased to 150, hidden adb debug notification, media jpeg quality set at 100%, Home app forced to stay in memory!.

-Known Issues
-None at known at this time.

-ScreenShots for those that like pictures ;)
Screenshot_2012-05-11-19-25-28.png
Screenshot_2012-05-11-19-26-05.png

-Installation
Download and place Zip on your SDcard. Reboot into Bootstrap(CWR). If you do not have one, MAKE A BACKUP! This build requires a Data and Cache Wipe! Once the wipe has completed choose to install from SDCard. Locate the Zip and install. Reboot the phone walk away and let it sit! The first boot will take some time.

- Support Me
Though I don't require it by any means... its always nice! So if you'd like buy me a beer! ---> DoNaTe!

-Download
DO NOT FLASH .84 JUST TO USE THIS ROM! IT IS FOR THOSE AS MYSELF THAT ARE STUCK ON .84 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

NEW! -SimplexROM-v0.3-BETA-DroidRazr-6.14.84 - Download Now! -Beta

MD5:240eed90953f8107d75d3fa3796fb2d1

-SimplexROM-v0.2-Alpha - Download Now! - Alpha!
MD5:39b120071cd988bacf2015b8b28028d7

-Notes
- I strongly recommend BootStrap on boot. Should not be required but is a safe measure.

-Change Log - Bold Items will be the latest info.
5-10-2012 - Beta Release
- Fixed Link between BlurCamera and AOSP Gallery.
- Fixed random FC's at Boot(exchange,corechecker,datacollection).
- Enabled Init.d scripts
- Build.prop tweaks
- Replaced Boot animation.
- Shaved a little more bloat! Decreased ROM size by over 15meg!
- Replaced BlurHome with AOSP Launcher2

5-4-2012 - Alpha Release of SimpleROM(Base).

-Old Build - .75

Ok. I've received enough interest so here it is. This is what work I had done on the .75 system build before "the incident" lol. This is and will be not fully developed! As it stands it going off of memory it has the same issues that the .84 alpha has. As I make progress on my .84 build. I will make patches for the .75 build. I will make them available to a select few before mainstream release for testing. If you decide to use this... its on you!

NEW - Droid Razr - SimplexROM - 6.14.75 - Download - Remember this is untested by me... Only download if you accept responsiblity

Droid Razr - Deodexed, Debloated, Removed alot of blur - Download

Last edited:

crazynthree

Reaction score
Toggles

Is there any possible way to put toggles in the notification bar. Like the ones found in the Black Widow rom.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Everything is working to my knowledge. Its based off of the 6.14.84 leak.

Btw... Ill be working on the toggles soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

K1K

Reaction score
Ok I'm on system 6.12.181xt912 and I am rooted. Which one of these can I flash?? Or can I flash them at all??

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok I'm on system 6.12.181xt912 and I am rooted. Which one of these can I flash?? Or can I flash them at all??

Unless I lost my ability to read and comprehend, you do not need to flash this ROM, as it is only for people who are already on the 6.14.84 leak, as per posted in the instructions by the Dev..."DO NOT FLASH .84 JUST TO USE THIS ROM! IT IS FOR THOSE AS MYSELF THAT ARE STUCK ON .84 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!"...but you are more than welcome to prove me wrong...:biggrin:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
EmericanX said:
).

-Old Build - .75

Ok. I've received enough interest so here it is. This is what work I had done on the .75 system build before "the incident" lol. This is and will be not fully developed! As it stands it going off of memory it has the same issues that the .84 alpha has. As I make progress on my .84 build. I will make patches for the .75 build. I will make them available to a select few before mainstream release for testing. If you decide to use this... its on you!

Droid Razr - Deodexed, Debloated, Removed alot of blur - Download

Sorry to hear of the .84 misfortune as I have been waiting for your .75 work...
Downloading the unfinished .75 maybe I can help keep it alive...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I've got a second Razr that i was gonna throw .75 on and start working on. Ive been pretty short for time lately. But feel free to chip in! Lol. Like i said work has been crazy this week.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
.75 updated in op

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i flashed it and all seems to be working good!
it is defiantly de-blured. Never thought I would say this but I was missing some of the blur aspects so I went back to the .75 deodex. If motocast had a separate app that didn't rely on blur I probably would stick with it.

Highly recommend it for anyone not into blur.