Simple Unroot

Zantillian

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Sorry if I'm posting a duplicate, but I just want to ask for help as well as talk and rant a *little*.

I just need a simple unroot. Something that doesn't follow 1000 odd steps. There used to be a couple different *One Click Root* methods but now they do not even exist. And while you're at it, even a simple Root method.

I've had a Bionic for a year and have followed the Bionic hacking community almost since the beginning. I've hacked, unhacked, SBF'd, and have done other things to my Bionic. I love to modify my Android phone. It's a favorite hobby of mine. However, I never had the chance to learn code and to know exactly how or why a phone works or why a root/unroot method works. So I rely entirely on the community to explain how a method does or does not work.

Which brings me to ask about why does it seems like it's hard to understand ANYTHING anymore. I used to own a Droid 1 and I could understand every single thing I did to it. But, ever since I got the Droid Bionic, no one explains anything. There seems to be dozens of methods to do 1 *simple* thing. I know this bootloader is locked so I understand that doing things on it will be tough. But no one can simply explain why.

I know everything the community does is free. I am very thankful for their hard work. But would some of you please at least explain what your program/method even does and how it does it? If you're program roots a phone, COULD YOU AT LEAST PROVIDE AN UNROOT? I know most of you out there may never unroot your phone, but when people like me do physical work that endangers my phone, such as dropping it, getting it wet, or cracking the screen, then I need to send it back and get a new one with the root taken off of it.

Sorry for this fairly long rant. I'm just a bit frustrated at the limited support the Bionic world seems to have.
So like I said before, could someone please provide a method of easy unrooting.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I think there is an unroot built into both motofail and 43v3rroot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This app is pretty straightforward and simple. All it does is remove the root files and reboot. Sometimes after you reboot, you have to go to settings > apps > manage apps and uninstall Superuser... and if you have to do that, it could tell you "uninstall failed", but then it disappears. Anyway, it's about the simplest method I've seen that seems to work pretty reliably.

OP
Zantillian

Zantillian

Reaction score
This app is pretty straightforward and simple. All it does is remove the root files and reboot. Sometimes after you reboot, you have to go to settings > apps > manage apps and uninstall Superuser... and if you have to do that, it could tell you "uninstall failed", but then it disappears. Anyway, it's about the simplest method I've seen that seems to work pretty reliably.

Thank you very much for your quick replies. I used your method, jntdroid, and it worked. Thanks a bunch. Of all the devices I ever rooted or jailbroken, I have by far spent the most time looking up information about my Bionic. Not many people are interested in supporting roots and other modifications for it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately the Bionic, despite great improvements since release, has kinda become Moto's red headed step child of dual core LTE phones... so a lot of early adopters have moved on.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And just so I don't come across hypocritical, I was one of those that moved on. :) I simply wanted to make an extra buck, so I sold my Maxx and replaced it with a used Bionic that's been well taken care of! Also have an X2 I picked up on the very cheap that's been surprising solid... it's like last year all over again. :blink:

OP
Zantillian

Zantillian

Reaction score
And unfortunately, people like me who sign up for a 2 year contract for a phone that has zero support are now stuck with it. Had I known, I would have never gotten the phone.