Root/Unroot Help

OP
Delasangre4231
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried the other method that someone posted, also didnt seem to work. So I am just going to leave this alone until a new method comes out. Ok, off to go get the extended battery!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried this yet? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1803534. This should take you back to stock/unrooted then if you want to reroot, you would have to start over.

sent from my liberated bionic using transparent Droid forums

Nevermind, I actually read up on it and it does not take you back to unrooted stock but if you have recovery, you can wipe data and that should reset your phone.

sent from my liberated bionic using transparent Droid forums

americanz

Reaction score
Yea there was an update. To .893

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

i havea stock bionic and it says its up to date. and i have .886. why no .893 for me? also a co-worker has the same as i do. all stock and .886

DrZenga

Reaction score
Read my above conversation. It's an unofficial update.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
My Bionic though rooted still tells me theres no update that my phone is up to date / could that be because im rooted ... and since the whole tether thing going on , I think I just might unroot anyway .. thanks for the heads up in the update ...
Yea there was an update. To .893

DrZenga

Reaction score
It's an unofficial one! Don't unroot!

DrZenga

Reaction score
Read people, read! I was gone for a while then when I got on the forums I heard all the talk to. 893 thought it was official. It's not, you install yourself via zip, but you need forever root method to permanently root your phone!

americanz

Reaction score
i had updated to .893, then to liberty. then back to .886 via one click fastboot. now i try to used petes root tool i get this

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

tbell6

Reaction score
Having previously "1-touch rooted" I used the "forever root" unfortunately I mistyped 'Superiser.apk' and didn't catch my mistake until after I used cheesecake to get to 893. I was able to get back to .886 but can't get root back.

Does any one have the original .886 with the exploit available.

Are the any editors that allow un-rooted uses to change directory/file attributes?

Back in the DOS world there was a way to edit a read only or system file by first changing attributes then editing. I want to try adding the forever root but need a work around.

Found Rescue Link
==> http://th3oryrom.com/COMPILED/R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows.zip

Sent from my ".886 no longer rooted" DROID BIONIC using DroidForums