Sim card

wooddale

Reaction score
I just my bionic charging it now. I am on a THunderbolt can I just take the sim card out of my Thunder bolt and use it in the Bionic? Called Verizon and they flat out didnt know.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yes, that's how you activate it. Nothing else to do. Move over sim and you're done.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was told that I'd be recieving a new SIM card with my Bionic and that the SIM card from my TBolt is then to be trashed

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was told that I'd be recieving a new SIM card with my Bionic and that the SIM card from my TBolt is then to be trashed
You were told wrong. Your sim card is attached to your account for 4G, take it out of the TB and put it in the Bionic. Don't trash it.

I went into the store, the tried putting a new sim card in and realized I had a TB and took it out and put it in the bionic.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
You were told wrong. Your sim card is attached to your account for 4G, take it out of the TB and put it in the Bionic. Don't trash it.

I went into the store, the tried putting a new sim card in and realized I had a TB and took it out and put it in the bionic.

Ive been on the phone with verizon for over an hour neither one of the cards worked now I have no phone have to go to store tommorow to f\ix hope

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ive been on the phone with verizon for over an hour neither one of the cards worked now I have no phone have to go to store tommorow to f\ix hope
That sucks. It should work without any issues. Made sure you put it in correctly?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well this will be my first SIM card to SIM card phone upgrade so I'll make sure to find out once and for all which is the protocol...;)

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i have the same problem took out the sim card from my thunder bolt and put it in my bionic, and nothing phone was activated but i can't make calls, no data, no messaging basically anything network related can't do it.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well i had to use the sim card that came with my bionic in order to get my phone to work apperently the new sim was the one i was suppose to use with my bionic.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that info, I'll use the new SIM card when my Bionic comes in

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
yeah i thought i could just swap my sim from my tbolt but the verizon person said that, that sim card was basically void and should have used the sim that came with my phone, cause he punched in both sim numbers and the new one was the one that was accociated with my account now, so once i put in the new one activated and everything worked.

mamawm

Reaction score
my husband has a charge, i asked when i was at the store getting my bionic if we could just swap sims if we decided to swap phones and was told no, we would have to both come in to the store together to switch the phones.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to update about how the SIM card process was for me going froma TBolt to the Bionic. Well they did not send me a SIM card with my Bionic, so I called them up and after confirming that I was indeed not shipped one they informed me to just put in the SIM card from my TBolt and power up my Bionic... well upon booting up my Bionic with the SIM card from my TBolt, it automatically had me sign into my Google account which activated both 4G and phone services in an instance.... easy as hell...

Just wanted to let people know that the old SIM card should and can be used to activate your new Bionic..;)