unable to transfer 4g sim card

bigkhan

Reaction score
I bought my bionic on Sunday and had it put on an extra line that I have. The idea was play around with it, get everything set up just right. That way if I screwed something up I still had my phone until I fixed the bionic. Anyway I was ready to transfer the bionic to my line yesterday. I was able to swap the bionic with a dump phone on the extra line, but when I tried to reactivate the bionic on my line, I received a SIM card error and was directed to call customer service. They were unable to activate it either, the customer service rep and the tech support guy both didn't know why it wouldent work. I had to go to the verizon store today to get a new SIM card, the lady there said that you cant use a 4G SIM card that was activated one line on any other line.

Does anyone know if that is true? If it is this will be a pain in the azz for alot of people for years to come. It was a pain for me since I was rooted, bloatware removed, wireless hotspot hacked, etc... I took the phone back to stock before I went to the store.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Seems true to me. My sim card has my phone number attached to it.