Significantly Better than Incredible?

Chebyshev

Reaction score
I just got a Droid Incredible from Verizon because it was free with New Every 2 and I'm wondering if I should head back and see if I can switch it out with the Thunderbolt.

I won't have LTE in my area (Connecticut) until at least 2012, so that benefit is out the window.

Looking at specs, it seems like the only difference is 256 MB more RAM in the Thunderbolt over the Incredible. The processors are both 1 GHz.

Am I missing something? Will I see much of a difference between the phones if I don't have regular access to an LTE network? Is it worth the money to get the newest tech?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Depends on what you need...

If you want a contract locked 4G price you may as well get the phone, it is (for now) the same price to have unl 4g/3g as just having a 3g data plan.

It entirely depends on what you're willing or capable of spending out of pocket though.

turdbogls

Reaction score
while the processors are the same speed, the Tbolt will be faster. newer technology. the inc is a great phone, but if you have the money, i would probably pick up the tbolt. however i would probably wait to see some reviews on it. i have already heard the battery life is not great.

catalyst11

Reaction score
I agree with what kptphalkon said. I have a DInc right now rooted w/CynogenMod Nightly and I love it, everything works great and battery can last me through a day w/o charging. That being said, I want latest greatest and 4G is available here. The reason I ended up ordering my Thunderbolt this morning is because I was able to order it through my VZW account w/Corp discount for $229.99 on 1 year contract. I'll be able to sell my DInc for $150+ and if in 10-12 months a game changer is released, I'll have another upgrade available.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I just ran quadrant on my TB, I got 1929. My D2G got a 1533.

When my girlfriend comes over I'll run Quadrant on her Incredible and see what she gets.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
If you had to sign a contract, the tb would have been a better choice. For me personally, I was able to get an incredible for really cheap without having to sign a contract. Now I can save my upgrade for when dual core phones come out.

Javaknight

Reaction score
Chebyshev where are you located? Norwalk CT now has 4G apparently! in East Norwalk I got 10MB down but in the Silvermine area I saw 20MB, at least according to Speedtest. downloading apps was fast as hell! Fairfield, New Haven and Hartford are on the list for sometime this year - Norwalk was a huge surprise to me and hopefully the Danbury area will get it too