"Signal Faded" Issue

Droid_newb

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with this occurring and your calls being dropped on this phone? It started out on only my wife's Eris and now it's happened to me once the last 2 days. We live in a big city so I know lack of reception isn't an issue. Verizon had us do a hard reset on her phone and it didn't change anything. Now were contemplating having them send us 2 new phones since we're still in our 30 day window. Anyone out there had success in fixing this issue and/or experienced the same problem?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hey Droid newb...

I don't own the Eris but somebody will chime in that does and knows more than me but I can tell you from what I've read reception seems to be poor with some of these HTC devices. I've read that the antennae HTC's uses is the culprit.

You will get some better and more informed responses from actual users but thats all the info I know.

Good luck and sorry I was not of more help.

rcklss1

Reaction score
While it is true HTC could have used a better antenna in the eris I've had no issues I live in a very remote part of the poconos ATT t-mobile Nextel all show no service all around me... and reception is just as good as any other VZW phone I have had..... my most recent phones have been bb storm HTC touch pro 2 HTC imagio moto droid which I returned for droid eris... I've had 3 dropped calls since switching to Android ..... my point being although the antenna is inferior to the point the signal is constantly fluctuating I've never had a "problem" with losing the call due to signal fade more then the 3 times I mentioned.... very well could be a hardware issue you are having.. I was in NYC 2 weeks ago without even an inkling of a signal issue

SBacklin

Reaction score
It is possible that the antenna is bad, but it is also very possible that the antenna is fine and the software/firmware is bad. I have been trying to find out and I haven't had any luck. Although, everyone I talk to really seem to think that the software/firmware is bad.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Call *228 and choose option 2.
*228 is not the end all be all in software fixes regardless of what VZW wants you to believe. If it is a software issue....its a actual firmware problem and not a PRL problem. Besides, I've already verified the PRL is not to blame.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call *228 and choose option 2.
*228 is not the end all be all in software fixes regardless of what VZW wants you to believe. If it is a software issue....its a actual firmware problem and not a PRL problem. Besides, I've already verified the PRL is not to blame.

Slow down there little fella. I never said it is the end all be all, just offered a suggestion.

jev

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the wifes eris. My droid has an ok signal but the eris sitting beside it has no signal. I update the roaming to no avail. I'm hoping enough people complain and then maybe we'll have a fix for it. I really don't want to buy a signal booster for the house.

rcklss1

Reaction score
Another thing that helped was to see what tower my phone was connecting to the local tower for me is number 172 but for some reason it keeps setting me up on 96 when I activate or use *228... anyway I changed the tower reception is a ton more stable now