Sidekick 4G Android OS help

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I know this is WAAAAAY old for an OS, but I had the Samsung Sidekick many years back and it was the first phone i ever had which i rooted. in the process of trying to remove bloatware, i accidentally deleted a few vital system files which allow the device to operate properly. i believe it is on FroYo 2.2. i was wondering if anyone knew how to either recover or entirely reinstall the OS for this device. i have done so much googling, and just can't find anything on my own.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough device to find software for these days, but maybe you'll luck out and someone still has it floating around.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Which carrier is this on?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Was the Sidekick not a t-mobile exclusive? Or is it a different kind of sidekick?

I didn't realize they made an android-powered sidekick.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum!
I agree with Jonny.... unless you can find someone that still has this device, this will be tough to resolve. Have you tried searching the XDA or RootzWiki forum to see if they have said files for your device? That would be your best bet.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Tmobile version is on XDA. I just want to be sure there isn't an odd variant out there before I link them to the wrong one.

OP
DJTiTaN

DJTiTaN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
the sidekick was Tmobile exclusive, yes. i think there was a lesser known company that you used sidekick as well but i cannot remember if that was before hiptop/danger sold it to samsung for one go. i would love a link to this XDA you speak of. i feel so foolish for having gotten so trigger happy with deleting. i learned my lesson and now back up before deleting just in case.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
the sidekick was Tmobile exclusive, yes. i think there was a lesser known company that you used sidekick as well but i cannot remember if that was before hiptop/danger sold it to samsung for one go. i would love a link to this XDA you speak of. i feel so foolish for having gotten so trigger happy with deleting. i learned my lesson and now back up before deleting just in case.

Here is the XDA forum: T-Mobile Sidekick 4G - XDA Forums

If you need any help let us know!